Chapter Ten

R O S A B E L L E

I look at the mirror and stared at the girl who was looking back at me with a blank expression.

I sighed before applying some finale touch on my face and re-arranging my dress that Nick send earlier this evening.

It was an Elegant V neck maroon satin dress that hugged my body like a second skin, revealing all my curves while exposing my left leg through it's slit that leaded up to my mid-thigh.

I strapped a knife on my none exposed thigh so that I can use it if needed.

"You look ravishing, Mrs. Ivanov," Nick suddenly appeared behind me making me slightly jump. He wore a black three piece suit with a maroon tie and pocket square matching my dress.

I turn around to face him as he checked me from head to toe before his eyes landed on my breast. Pervert.

I snapped my fingers, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Eyes up here buddy,"

He rolled his eyes before turning me around, his hard chest pressed against my back. A cold substance touched my neck, I look up and gasped at the sight. It was a name necklace that said Ivanov engraved in cursive in silver with pure white diamond.

"Never ever take this off," he whispered into my ear and his warm breath brushing past the back of my neck and sending chills down my spine.

I shivered as he ran his hand up and down my curves. I pushed him away making him frown at me.

"We're late," I said as I walk past him without looking at him because I was sure as hell I look like a tomato.

Nick came running behind me before wrapping his arms around me as we walk down the stairs. I scowled at him and tried to push him away just to make him grip me tighter as he smirked at me.

I sighed and gave up because I was no match to him.

We got into the car and Sam started the engine before taking us to our destination with three cars at the front and four at the back. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Seriously Nick," I raised my eyebrows at him. "Are we going to a ball or to a war zone that we need this many men?"

"Anything can happen, love," he shrugged. "After all that fucker is my childhood enemy,"

I rolled my eyes at him. "What exactly did he do to make you hate him?"

He hesitate so I just leave it. "It's ok. Leave it,"

After all who am I to ask you this.

After an awkward silent drive, we finally reached our destination. Nick walked out first before coming towards my side and helped me out.

He tucked me closer to him, wrapping his arm around me before leaning down to my height.

"Stay close and don't take anything from anyone," he whispered into my ears and I nodded before walking in into the ballroom.

It screamed bloody money! The room itself showed that the man was no ordinary guy.

As we entered the room many head snapped towards our side and I became nervous but still kept on my stone face.

Bitches shot me a death glare as they drool over Nick, while men look at me like I was some kind of a juicy meat making me cringe my nose.

"Urgh. . . I hate this," I grumbled shooting everyone a glare while Nick chuckled at me.

"I see, you don't like being the center of attention," he chuckled.

"Who loves being the center of attention. I hate it," I replied with an eye roll.