TWENTY

Ashanti

Haven't spoken to Keem for 2 days.

This feels so wrong. Feels like it's been forever.

This isn't how it should be right now.

Did I fuck up, guys?

I can't help but feel so guilty.

Maybe I should've just let it slide. Cos I mean he was drunk. Everyone makes mistakes. But at the same time, he really hurt me.

"Hey," I heard Eli as she came into the room with Khanan. "How you feeling?"

"Shit," I laughed a little. "But I'm okay," I shrugged.

She put Khanan on the bed and opened her arms to me. I got up and hugged her.

"Keem's gonna come back, don't worry. He's gonna come back with sense and apologise properly," she made sure to mind my baby bump as she hugged me.

"Mm," I hummed. "If he even wants to be with me anymore," I said quietly.

"Don't say that," Eli said as she let go of me.

"No, you should've seen him, he looked like he'd given up. I think I was a bit harsh. Feel like calling and saying sorry so we can move past it," I looked at the floor.

"No, cos then he'll walk all over you for ever. You put him in his place. He needed that. Probably thought you'd welcome him back with open arms. Nah, nigga, you thought the fuck wrong," she switched to an American accent, making me laugh a little.

I sighed. "Girl, not me being single, 6 days away from my due date," I laughed.

Eli didn't know whether to laugh or not. She smiled a little. "Doesn't matter, babe. You've got me and Ty. And Rico. And Ris. And Felicity, when she comes back. And your mum. And Adrienne,"

Felicity's been staying with my mum for a while cos I didn't think it's be good for her to be in the house while I'm in the third trimester.

I smiled a little too. "Yeah, you guys will have to do, I guess," I joked.

Eli frowned as she pretended to be offended. "Oh! Is that how it is?"

"I'm joking, my love," I laughed and held her hands. "I love you," I looked at her.

"Oh no, don't start," she could tell I was about to cry. "Pregnancy hormones are not it," she laughed.

"No, seriously," I shook my head. "I love you," I pouted. "I can't lie, we were close before but I never thought we'd be this close. There were times I thought it was wraps for our friendship but look at us now. Look at you, being my sister-in-law,"

"Not yet," she inputted. "Waiting on your brother," she pretended to be annoyed.

I laughed, knowing Ty's already bought the ring her want to propose to her with.

"I get you, though. I was a bitch," Eli said.

"I didn't say that-" I started.

"Nahh, I know I was," she laughed. "I was so embarrazzing. Why didn't you sit me down and tell me to pattern? Out there doing the most for man," she shook her head. "I don't regret my sex life but I just wish I was more careful. And I wish I put you over the niggas I was fucking with cos they were all temporary anyways,"