TWENTY SEVEN

Keem

I walked into the house, feeling sick on another level.

Where the fuck is my baby girl?

"Ti?" I called.

I could hear Kelechi crying and Ti shouting from the lounge.

"What? No- They've fucking taken my baby!" Ti cried on the phone. "... I don't fucking know who took her! You're the police, go fucking investigate it and find out!"

"Ti, Ti, Ti, no, no, no," I rushed over to her and took the phone and hung up. "We don't need the police, waste of time." I tried to hug her.

I know they'll never go out of their way to look for a stolen black newborn the way they'd look for a newborn white baby. Especially if they know the kid's mine. Also, Ti's still under investigation for that American nigga's murder. They might take Kelechi away from us.

Also, when they investigate Azeria's disappearance, they'll ask questions, find out Jamar's dead and next thing you know, I'm behind bars for life.

"Then what the fuck am I supposed to do, Keem?!" Ti pushed me away. She walked around the room. "What the fuck am I supposed to do?!" she sobbed, sitting on the floor in defeat.

I looked at her, she looked so tired.

"It's like wherever we go, no matter how good we try to be, trouble always fucking follows... I'm so fucking over it! Azeria is fucking gone. Felicity was fucking knocked out. There was a stranger in our house... a-fucking-gain!" Ti put her head in her hands and cried.

I didn't say anything. I turned round and looked at Kelechi who was crying hard. I went towards him and lifted him up.

"Shh," I rubbed his back. "It's okay, daddy's got you," I whispered, shutting my eyes.

It suddenly hit even harder that Azeria's not here.

I promised Ti I'd look after us all. I promised the twins they'd never come to harm.

Now she's gone.

I put a paci in Kelechi's mouth and put him back down in his day crib once he'd calmed down then looked at Felicity who was silent.

"You," I frowned at her.

She looked at me.

"What the fuck did you do?" I asked.

"Wh-What do you mean?" she asked in a small voice.

"What happened?" I asked in a rough voice.

"I-I don't know," she got up. "I'm so confused. Ris said he was on his way here so I unlocked the door so he could just come in... and... I just remember hearing the door open and... that's it."

"Why the fuck would you leave the door unlocked?" I asked. "Why didn't you just wait till he fucking got here, are you fucking dumb? You know the kinda life we live round here. We never leave the door fucking unlocked, Felicity!"

"I'm sorry, I was near the door when he said he was close... I-I didn't think," she looked down.

"Yeah, you didn't fucking think-" I started.

"Keem, don't fucking start on her," Ti spoke up.

"What?" I frowned.

"If we're gonna fucking blame anyone, it's your fucking fault." Ti looked at me.

"How the fuck is it my fault?" I scowled.

Ti stood up. "Look at our fucking lives!"

I groaned loudly. "Ti... I don't wanna hear you say nothing about my lifestyle-"