SIX

Ashanti

Guys, you know, prisoners are only allowed two 1-hour visits every 4 weeks, but Keem manages to see me every week cos he bribes the prison guards. That's why that prison guard was on my case.

Clearly, that guard can't understand that I'm Keem's girlfriend and according to Keem, if anyone disrespects me, they're disrespecting him too. Long story short, the prison guard got jumped and took a sabbatical leave.

Keem listened attentively as I told him about what had happened week ago. We would've spoken about it on the phone but some idiot fucked up the prison phones lines so Keem couldn't call me.

"Dinah?" Keem asked, eating my Chicken Mayo burger. "What the fuck? Please tell me Tyrese mashed her up,"

"Mm, I mean, I can't really remember much, I just remember he was like, stomping on her, then I passed out," I wiped off some mayonnaise from his lip.

"You passed out?" Keem stopped eating. "You're alright now, baby?"

"Yeah, I thought it was whatever they gassed me with but the doctor said it was... round ligament pains; I've been having really bad cramps," I sighed. "It's fine, though,"

Keem looked apologetic. "I wish I could've been there for you," he kissed his teeth. "I'm sorry,"

"It's not your fault," I leaned over the table and kissed him.

"Mm," he pulled away a little and looked into my eyes for a second before kissing me again. "Did you come here alone?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, sitting back properly in the prison seat.

"What?" Keem frowned. "Ti, you just got kidnapped and you don't know if the bitch who tried to abduct you is dead or not. What are you thinking?"

"I'm gonna be fine," I told him. "The feds have been following me everywhere since it happened,"

"Feds?" Keem's frown deepened. "Ti, you can't rely on the feds, they're pigs,"

"Keem, stop worrying," I held his hands. "I'm fine, I promise,"

Keem sighed. "Fam, I should be out there, finding out who the fuck this Dinah bitch is. What does she even mean I owe her p's? Is she mad? I don't owe nobody nothing... I'll have to sort something out, get you some proper security cah the streets are fucking mad. Man said niggas are out here kidnapping people in broad daylight,"

"Yeahhh, a security guard would be nice," I teased Keem. "He'd follow me everywhere and I'd make him do everything for me. Make me feel like a celebrity," I laughed.

"He?" Keem asked. "I'm not letting no man come near you,"

"For fucks sake," I laughed. "You should trust me more," I shook my head. "You know no nigga can compare to you."

"That's what I like to hear," Keem nodded with a smirk on his face.

"More time, any man, that's not you is annoying." I thought about it. "Actually, nah... I love Jordan and Gray too much, they're like my family... and Rico and Kai and-"

"Okayyy, okay," Keem hushed me. "I don't wanna hear a whole list of your male friends, Ti. You wouldn't wanna hear how many female friends I have,"

"Nah, I wanna hear about the other girls that make you laugh, go on," I crossed my arms.

"Aight, there's this one girl. She's my favourite for real... yeah, she's my best friend,"

I frowned and raised my eyebrow. Which bitch is he on about? "Do I know her?"