NINE

Ashanti

"Stop coming closer!" I shouted again. "Help! He's tryna assault me!" I started running.

"What?!" Levi scowled.

People started intervening and stopping Levi, asking him questions.

"He's got my phone!" I said loudly.

"I'm tryna help you!" Levi shouted. "Don't fucking touch me, blud," Levi pushed some people out of the way. "Take your fucking phone, you psycho,"

PSYCHO

DELUSIONAL

MAD

MENTAL

INSANE

CRAZY

I sat up as I woke up breathing hard.

My clothes were wet with sweat.

As I figured that it was just a dream, I started sobbing.

I did feel crazy.

And I felt guilty.

Now that I'd replayed the events of a couple days ago in my head, I realised that Levi was truly just trying to help me. I accused him of trying to assault me when he was just helping me.

And his words stuck.

Psycho.

I need to talk to someone.

Anyone.

I looked at the iPhone SE on the dresser. Breathing hard, I unlocked it and looked for Keem's number. He's probably not gonna answer. It's literally 5 am.

I rang anyways, though.

He doesn't wanna talk to you.

Each time I heard the ringing sound, I heard a voice in my head.

He doesn't wanna talk to you!

HE DOESN'T WANNA TALK TO YOU!

CRAZY BITCH!

"I'm not CRAZY!" I shouted without thinking.

"Babe?" I heard Keem's deep voice. It sounded rough and tired. "What's going on?"

"I-I, I'm sorry, I know you don't wanna talk to me," I cried.

"What? Ti? Why wouldn't I wanna talk to you? I never said that," Keem sounded so worried.

"Yes, you did," I argued. "I-I heard you!"

"Baby, I never said that," he said calmly. "What's going on?"

You dumb bitch, know he thinks you're crazy

"I'm not crazy, stop calling me crazy," I replied to the voice.

"Ashanti, baby, is there someone in the room with you?" Keem asked.

"N-no," I looked around. "I-I... I don't know who I'm talking to, I'm sorry. I just thought you didn't wanna talk to me because the voice said that you didn't and I don't want to bother you because I know you think I'm crazy now, I-" I was crying and talking all kinds of rubbish,