THIRTY SIX

Ashanti

Keem's not here right now so I'm bored out of my mind.

I need to reconnect with my friends I feel like my whole life right now is Kelechi and Keem, as much as I love them, a girl needs time to herself.

I scrolled through insta, seeing a post from Amaya, Keem's younger sister. I haven't spoken to her in a while, actually, we got quite close a few months ago when Keem was still locked up. Then once he was released, we met up a couple times but haven't spoken much since then.

Just have busy lives.

Amaya is currently in her rich black girl element, truly living in luxury. I always see her posts on Instagram with her man, they're always taking trips abroad and eating out at expensive restaurants and buying each other stuff. I love that for her so so much.

I just finished washing Keem's boxers cos they 'gotta be handwashed or they get mad itchy'.

Loool, I'm not even too proud to admit that I do get jealous of Amaya sometimes. I wouldn't say it's in a bad way, I know that comparison is the thief of joy but sometimes I just find myself wondering what life would be like if Keem wasn't a gang boy and we'd taken our time with things, rather than me getting pregnant while I'm a teenager, in uni... I don't know.

I know Keem has money. Keem always talks about taking me on holiday and us getting married and he does buy me stuff but... I don't know, man.

I love Keem, everything about him. I think we're so comfortable around each other that we don't try to impress each other as much anymore.

Literally the other day, Keem grabbed me and tried to put his finger in my nose and wouldn't let me free till I let him. Then he pretended to lick his finger. So disgusting 😂😂😂

But I love that about us. We're like the same person.

I love it.

But sometimes I get scared cos I don't want it to get to a stage where he's bored or looks at another girl for adventure or for something new. Ew, Keem would never. I trust him. He would never even touch another girl. Even if he did, which he wouldn't, he'd tell me straight away.

I, even though I was lost in thought, found myself calling Amaya.

"Hey, babe!" she answered.

"Hi, sis!" I smiled. "Just wanted to call and check on you. How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm good, finally back home," she sighed slightly. "How are you?"

"I'm okayyy, just... you know... being a mum," I laughed. "How was Bora Bora?" I asked.

"Girl, let me not even startttt, it was amazing," she sounded so happy. "Zac proposed to me!"

"Oh my God!" I squealed. "I'm so happy for you, wow! You found your one!"

"Yeah, after 2 long heartbreaks," she laughed. "But, yeah, I'm so fucking happy. You're the only person I've told, you know, I feel like anyone else will just judge me for being engaged so soon,"

Amaya's on about the fact that she's only been with Zachery for 6 months now. I feel like, yeah, it's rushed but they're not gonna get married immediately and she truly seems happy. As long as she's happy, who's anyone to judge?

"You haven't told Keem?" I asked, surprised.

"No," she laughed. "Haven't told him about Zac at all, I don't want him to come and start beefing him,"

I laughed. "Yeah, he does that,"

She kissed her teeth. "Too quick to fight,"

"Nah, but if Keem sees you're serious about him and he's serious about you, I'm sure Keem will behave himself. I'll make sure he does," I said.