ONE

Ashanti

"Keem, honestly, sex would be fine, you didn't need to do all this," I said, feeling around for the stair case rail.

"Nah, Ti, this is better than sex,"  Keem guided me up the stairs.

"What's better than sex?" I asked, laughing.

"Just shhh, baby," Keem whispered close to my ear, sending chills down my spine. "Hurry up, though," I felt him touch my bum.

"I'm blindfolded, you nigga, I don't wanna fall as I go up the stairs," I said, moving slowly upstairs.

Keem laughed as he put an arm just below my bum and lifted me up. "No looking," he put me down on the floor as we got upstairs. He lifted my head up before he kissed me.

I kissed him back but he pulled away before I could even use tongue.

"Wait here, babe," he said as I heard him entering the guest room. "Aight take off the blindfold, baby girl,"

I took a deep breath and took off the bandana he'd used to cover my eyes.

I nearly melted.

"Happy 16 month anniversary, mama," he hugged me from behind, putting his hands on my stomach which had large bump now. I'm 6 months pregnant.

He'd done up the guest room and turned it into a baby room. There were two white cots in the room; one decorated in pink, the other in blue. The twins aren't even here yet and I feel like I can already see the memories that I'll have in this room.

"Oh my God, Keem, this must've taken you hours to do-" I turned round to hug him but he wasn't there

"Oh my God, Keem, this must've taken you hours to do-" I turned round to hug him but he wasn't there. "Keem?" I frowned as I went into the hallway to see if he was there.

He wasn't.

What?

I looked behind me to shut the door of the newly decorated room but there was no door. The room had turned an ugly shade of red and I became instantly cold.

Before I could try to comprehend what was going on, I was back inside the courthouse. Keem was in front of me in chains and the Judge was banging his gavel.

"Jakim King, you have been found guilty for the crime of double homicide. I'm sentencing you to 89 years of life imprisonment,"

"No!" I felt my heart break all over again. "No, not again! I just got him back," I was crying now. "Keem! I need you! Where are you?!" I sat on the cold floor.

It was wet.

I opened my eyes and saw red.

Blood.