FORTY SIX

Ashanti

I knocked on her door. I haven't spoken to this bitch for weeks.

I haven't seen her since the day I mashed her up.

I've had a lot of time to think and I've realised that Eli has always just been jealous of everything I do.

Even from young. She'd make me feel bad about myself. Like she'd make me feel less than her. She's make fun of me in front of people she wanted to impress, make me feel like I had to do shit for her by reminding me of everything she'd ever done for me and constantly, she'd put other people before me. Everytime something good was going on in my life, she'd either complain or take it away from me slyly. I could never have a moment of happiness without her adding her twopence about it.

She's tapped.

I should get in there and slap her just for everything she's done to me but... I'm not even one to act out. It takes a lot for me to get pissed. Plus, I've already beaten her the fuck up so lemme not even.

She opened the door in a minute or so after I'd knocked. When she saw me, she was shocked and frowned. "Ti?"

I'm not even saying this to be a bitch but she looked like shit. She still looked mashed up from when I thumped her; scars on her face and arms. She had bags under her eyes and her eyes were red. Her clothes were slightly stained and her frontal was no longer frontalling. She smelt a bit off as well.

She looked around to see if anyone was with me.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I wanna talk," I said.

"Okay... okay, come in," she stepped back and let me in, shutting the door behind me.

I looked around the house and scrunched up my nose. It was a mess. Like, unkept.

She saw my face and attempted to clean up some stuff.

"I'd say what's up with you, but that's already a mad question," I said.

She sighed and moved some toys and clothes from the sofa so I could sit down. "Do you want anything to drink? Or eat?"

I shook my head. "I just wanna talk,"

"Okay, I'll start. I'm sorry. For everything. And I miss you. I'm so happy you've given me another chance-"

I had to cut her off. "Girl. I'm not here to talk about you and me. We're done. I'm talking about my brother and my nephew."

She looked like I'd just slapped her.

"What's wrong with you? Forcing him to be with you? Threatening him with court?" I said with a stern voice.

"Ti, he's not forgiving me-"

"Yeah, cos you're being crazy and you were obsessed with me and my man this whole time,"

"Your man? You're still with Keem?" she asked.

I laughed. "You cannot be serious. This is what I'm talking about! Why the fuck do you care?" I asked, raising my voice slightly. "You are embarrassing yourself,"

She looked like she was about to cry, but I don't care. "I'm sorry. I just... I never had anything good in my life like you did-"

"Ah, don't fucking do that, man," I stood up. "You had my brother. Who loved you and cared about you!"

Eli started crying. "You don't get how hard it's been for me, Ti!" she wiped her tears. "Me and Ty were not good! We were not in love. He never fucking loved me back!"