TWENTY THREE

Keem

The sound of crying woke me up.

Then more crying.

"Babe," I muttered. I didn't even realise I was so tired. I mean, it makes sense, I haven't slept fully in almost three days now.

Ti began to move as she woke up. "What time is it?" she asked.

I grabbed my phone. "4 AM," I sat up.

"I think they're hungry," she tired to sit up so I helped her.

I carried the twins over to my girl. "Sh, sh," I hushed softly as Ti unbuttoned her hospital pyjama top.

Ti took baby girl first. "Hope she latched on right, my tits feel so sore already," she said, pulling out her breast.

"How did Kelechi latch on?" I asked, gently bouncing to soothe him so he'd stop crying.

"Took him a while to start sucking but he got it in the end, didn't you, baby?" Ti smiled. "Oh, baby girl's doing good too,"

I smiled at the sight as I continued cradling Kelechi. After a few seconds he cooled down and stopped crying, making random cute noises.

"Ti, I promised Eli I'd go check on her and Ty," I said, rubbing Kelechi's back softly.

"Oh my- shit," Ti looked at me with wide eyes. "I completely forgot," her smile fell. "Go, go see how Ty's doing... and Jordan too,"

I nodded. "You'll be okay by yourself for a bit?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," Ti nodded. "Let me know if he's okay,"

I nodded and hesitated when I was about to put Kelechi down. "I'll take him with me,"

Ti nodded.

I kissed her softly and kissed my fingers then touched our baby girl's cheek as she sucked.

"Okay, little man," I started speaking. "Wanna go see Uncle Ty, Auntie Eli and your cousin Khanan?" I said as I walked down the ward, looking for the way to the adult's accident and emergency. "We're going on a little trip," I continued as I walked.

Kelechi stayed quiet, making small whimpers when I stopped walking as I read the hospital map. Once I got to Ty's hospital room I looked through the glass part of the door and saw Eli sitting next to Ty's bed, carrying Khanan who was asleep.

I knocked before coming in.

Eli looked up and saw me before signalling I could come in.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked.

Eli looked at me and at Kelechi and smiled a little before sighing. "Don't wanna wake up to bad news," she shrugged.

"How's man doing?" I asked, looked at Tyrese who had an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth. He was shirtless and had a large bandage around his chest. The bullet hit his lung so he had to go in for immediate surgery last night. I don't think he's woken up since the surgery.

Eli didn't say anything.

"Eli?" I asked.

She looked at me, a little anger on her face. She tried to hide it with a neutral face but I knew she was angry.

"You okay?" I asked.

Eli let out a sound of irritation.