FORTY THREE

Ashanti

He pulled up outside of a student accom building.

I've never been in student halls. It must be so much easier to make friends when you live in halls.

Ugh, why did I move in a house with a friend first year, man?

I opened the car door and walked with him to the gate. He spudded some nigga as they came out of the gate while we went in.

"Miz, that you yeah?" the guy said, looking at us.

Miz laughed then put his arm around me.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"My bredrin, Deekay," he said as we walked.

I hummed in response as we entered one of the accom buildings. We went up a lift then walked down a corridor.

There was music, shouting and laughing from what I'm assuming is the shared kitchen. We walked past the door and I saw a glimpse of people in there. Everyone in there was black. Everyone was laughing. Some people were dancing. There were shots on the table and food on the counter.

Looks fun.

Some must've seen us walk past cos I heard a few people say "Miz"

He ignored it and unlocked the door to his room.

It was niceeee. It smelt good. He hadn't decorated it much, I guess boys don't decorate their accoms, but it was cute. Very organised. A lot of designer shoe boxes in the corner of the room. A few designer jackets hung up. A laptop on the desk and a desktop with a PS5 connected.

"Get comfy," he said pulling his desk chair out for me.

There was noise in the corridor. He kissed his teeth.

"I hear your heart beat-" the music blasted loud.

"One sec," with speed he went to the door. "Ayo, you man are pagans, fuck off!" he said laughing and running down the corridor as, I'm guessing the person who was blasting the music ran away.

I heard laughing.

Miz came back and shut his door. I looked at him then around his room. "My flatmates are mad," he shook his head.

"They sound fun," I watched him as he took off his jacket and put his keys down.

"Miz, you got gyal in there?" someone shouted.

He looked at me apologetically then opened the door. "Yo, you man are tryna..." I couldn't really hear him.

"Bring her, lemme see her," the guy said.

"Bro, go back to the kitchen, man," Miz refused.

"No, let her come, we need help finishing the drinks," I heard a girl say.

Miz looked at me. "You tryna drink?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah, okay,"

"One sec, we'll be there," he said then started shutting the door.

The guy said something then looked at me. "She's leng," I heard him say and then spud Miz.

"I know, fam," Miz laughed then shut the door. "Do you wanna change cah, I don't know if you'll be comfy in heels and a dress when we're drunk,"

"I haven't got any clothes with me, though?" I said, stating the obvious.

He opened his wardrobe. "Yeah, wear mine," he said, stating the obvious too.

He gave me his thick Nike joggers and a hoodie. He stepped into the bathroom while I got changed.

I looked in the mirror. "I look like a little kid," I laughed.