•37•

New Years. You hear the word and instantly think happiness. The image that comes to your mind is parties, alcohol, friends, sex. It's a fun time when you get to celebrate a new beginning. It kind of determines the rest of your new year.

Well, if it does, then mine is going to be hell. Let's just start from the beginning, shall we?
-
4pm The boys' complex.

"Guys, I'm hungry let's go somewhere." I grumble as I lay on the couch, my head resting on Niall's lap and his hand running through my long black hair.

"Me too." Blondie says and I hear his stomach rumble. "I suggest that new place down by-"

"Shut the hell up." Zayn interrupts. "I told you. We had all of this figured out. We are going to eat before we get to the club."

"Okay." I sarcastically say and take it upon myself to walk to the kitchen, were Alex is already sat. "What's up?" I ask and scan the pantry for something to calm my stomach for a while.

"I just-" he voice cracks. "Your house is an hour away from here. You were so close, yet so far away."

I sigh and shake my head. "There was nothing you could have done Alex. It's okay, and I'm okay. You should be too." I wrap my arms around his shoulders and he hugs me back tightly.

"Where were you?" He asks, his head still readying on my shoulder.

"I'll show you." I say.

"Hey, Blondie, you still got my clothes here?" I call from the kitchen into the living room.

"You know where they are." He says, not taking his attention away from the flat screen.

"He brought your clothes??" Alex's eyes are wide.

"No, he took me to buy some." I roll my eyes. "The rich bastard." I motion for him to follow me as I head down toward the basement door and descend down the stairs. Past the miniature living room and into the last door on the right. "This was where I was most of the time."

"It doesn't seem that bad." Alex scans the room. "But-"

"I know. Alex, please just let it go. I know he did wrong but I wouldn't have it any other way." Alex sighs and nods. I didn't even come down here for clothes but I go to the closet anyways, and hanging up there is the dress that Niall bought, perfectly on the hanger. Perfectly complex yet simple. And I grinned at the dress that I sworn I would never wear, and took it off the hanger.

7pm New Year's Eve Dannas downtown diner.

"I knew that dress would come in handy." Blondie winks at me from across the table.

"Yeah, but I'm sure she didn't think so." Harry snickers. Niall punches him lightly on the shoulder.

"All of you are little pricks, you know that?" I question and take a bite out of my sandwich, careful not to ruin my perfectly done makeup.

"You love us." Harry smiles.

"You know I do." I roll my eyes.

My phone rings in my purse and it takes me a while to dig it out. I don't wanna get up so I just tell the boys to shut up. They don't but whatever.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Evanna, what's up?" Kyle's voice is nervous, and loud.

"Hey Kyle. Nothing much. I'm at this little diner with Alex and the guys. what about you?"

Ignoring my last question, he goes on. "Does 'the guys' include Niall?"

"Yeah, he's with his band." I say slowly. "Why, what's going on?"