•2•.

The next day at school was normal. I went to my classes, did my homework, took a few tests, I even earned a few glares from River which I smiled and waved in return. That made him even angrier but it was funny so whatever.

I have to walk home today, much to my dismay, because Alex is sick, Casey doesn't have a car yet and I don't have a bus pass to get on a bus. Just my luck right?

When the bell rings, I bolt out of my seventh period and race down the hallways to my locker, not wanting to talk to the kid whose locker is next to mine. It's not that I don't like him I just... don't like him. But he likes me. A lot.

I dial in my combo and open my locker, shoving my things into my backpack and getting out my headphones. I slam my locker shut and walk down the hallway and out the front doors. As I plug my headphones into my phone, I go to my music app and press shuffle. volume on high and a light breeze. This walk home might actually be okay.

I watch the leaves blow around in the trees as I walk. With the soft music in my ears, everything seems peaceful. I turn onto a path that leads to my street. A short cut you could say. The song changes to Five Hours. It's my favorite instrumental song.

I walk down the path to the beat and take in the beautiful scenery. The trees turning red and the kids playing outside.

Someone taps on my shoulder, making me stop and take my headphones out.

"Sorry." I laugh. "Can I help you?" I ask the man standing before me. His blonde hair is familiar. "Do I-"

The man cuts me off. "You dropped something." He says in a hurry. Almost like he is panicking, with his blue eyes looking around furiously.

"Oh, my bad." I smile. He doesn't give me whatever I dropped back. He looks around the park suspiciously before looking back at me. "Uh, can I have it back?"

"Oh! Sorry. No you can't. You didn't drop anything." He smiles and pulls his red bandanna out if his back pocket.

"Oh... okay? Well I should be getting home." I smile and start walking, and put my earbud back in. Before I get anywhere, the red bandanna is smashed against my face. There is a liquid on it, it's wet and cold and it smells like... like I don't even know my brain is getting too foggy to think straight already. I know what this is but..

I scream and squirm in the mans arms, I try to get free of his embrace but he is much stronger than me. I start to relax. No no no! I scream and cry, but my body can't do anything. I fall backwards thinking I'm going to hit my head, but the evil man catches me and picks me up bridal style, And everything goes black.

-

As I awake, I am still in Blondies arms. I move a little bit and he tightens his grip around my legs and shoulders. I open my eyes and we are walking the opposite direction that I came. Almost at the end of the path.

I have just woken up from chloroform. My dad said that it takes at least two hours to come out if the state that it puts you in. I can't move still; The only thing I can do is open my eyes.

"Is she okay?" I hear a bystander ask.

"Oh yes!" blondie laughs. Irish. "She just fell asleep on our little picnic up the path." He tells the bystander. Help me! I try to say though it just comes out as barely audible whispers. "Shh, baby go back to sleep." He coos, probably making a show for the bystander. My brain is too jumbled right not to tell if it's a man or a woman.

"Let me go." I say groggily. I'm surprised I was actually able to say it this time. That's good. It means I'm waking up.

I hear a car door open and blondie puts me down on a soft leather seat. Leaving my limp body there. He shuts the door and locks it. All of a sudden the door locks click and he opens the door to the drivers seat I'm guessing.