Epilogue.

When you are born, you are given five senses. Sight. Smell. Hearing. Taste. Touch. One of the first you experience in your life time is hearing. My dad told me once that my mom would sing to me when she was still pregnant. Once I was born, she sang that song and I lit up like a Christmas tree.

When you are under the influence of chloroform, it's like you're dead. Your senses go away. No sight. No smell. No sounds. No feeling. No taste. Nothing. Depending on your dosage, it could be hours of nothingness, days even. But when you wake up, you can't see. Your body is too weak to open your eyes. So, you listen.

Nothing. I can't hear anything.

When my body starts to wake, I just keep thinking about my last memory. Niall was in a fire, he was dead. Or I thought he was until he grabbed me and made me put the cloth over my mouth. I should have just ran out of the house. Why would he do that? What did he try to accomplish by putting me under?

I was also asleep for a really long time. We got home from breakfast around noon and when I woke up, it was almost midnight. Did Niall drug me twice in a day?

"Hey, she's waking up." I hear a voice. Finally a sound. I try to open my eyes, to move, to grip something, anything. "Don't move." She tells me. "Just relax, my name is May." she states proudly. "Spelled with an 'ai', not that you care right now." I try to laugh but it comes out more of a groan. "What did I tell you about relaxing?" Mai laughs.

"Finally." Says another unfamiliar voice. "I'm Luna, if you can even hear me. Is she..?"

"Yeah, Niall chloroformed her. What an asshole." I can picture Mai rolling her eyes.

"We've been there." Luna comments.

Finally, I have the strength to open my eyes. The first thing I see is Mai. She has long black hair and brown eyes. I look over to Luna. Blonde hair green eyes. She smiles at me.

"Welcome to the nut house." She grins. Mai reaches over and slaps her arm.

"Sorry you had to join us." Mai frowns. "We call it the nut house, well, because a crazy psychopath brought us here." She tried to tell me lightly. The room I'm in is painted a light blue, I'm on a bed. There is a dresser in the corner along with a closet. It's a nice house.

"Where am I?" I whisper.

"We really couldn't tell you." Luna says. "Here, we got you some water. It will make the side effects of the drugs go quicker." She offers me the glass and Mai helps me to sit up. Its harder than I thought it would be.

"Yeah, chloroform doesn't go easy." Mai says apologetically. "we've all been there before though, so don't feel embarrassed." I nod and let out a breath once I'm sitting up.

"How did I get here?"

"Niall." Luna shrugs. "I like to call him asshole number two." I look at her strangely. She shrugs. "We will tell you when you're fully awake. It might be a big blow." I nod and drink the water.

Mai and Luna leave shortly after. Just so that I could wake up and let this whole situation sink in. But the problem is, is I don't know what situation I am in. Did Niall kidnap me again? It sounds ridiculous but I don't know what else he could have done. And who are these girls? Did someone else kidnap me?

When I have the strength, I stand up. I don't move, afraid I would fall. I just stand. When I trust myself, I take a step, but keep my hand on the wall for balance. The last time I came off of chloroform it wasn't nearly as bad. I must have had a heavier dosage. Niall must have kept the cloth on my mouth for longer than usual.

I check my front pockets for my phone. It's gone, of course it is. My other pocket is empty. I felt in my back packet and find a piece of paper. I take it out and lean my back against the wall to stay standing.