•46•

I shook off the uneasy feeling that Blondie's voice gave me. He was just anxious, probably. I'm excited to have our own place too, but maybe his excitement is just greater than mine. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

His attitude changed once we were in the car. He held my hand, hummed along to the radio. He was normal then.

"It's a nice place." He says. "The pictures were good, white walls. Simple."

"I-"

"I know you don't care, and I'm the one stressing about this, but I need your opinion on something." Niall begs. I roll my eyes but nod at him.

"Okay." I say as he turns onto a different street.

The rest of the ride is silent until we get to the house. I immediately don't like the outside of it. Im not going to say it's ugly.. but it's definitely something.

It's grey. The whole outside is plastered with grey. The balcony is the front door, with stairs leading up to it and the backyard has an ugly shed in it for the garage.

I look over to see his face. His emotions seem neutral, I guess he likes it. I hope he doesn't.

"Hello!" The real estate lady screams to us before we are even out of the car. Niall is by my side, lending me his hand to help me out of the car before I even open the door. I grasp into his hand and pull myself up and out. He shuts the door after me and hooks our fingers together. I smile at him as we head towards the real estate girl. "This house is perfect for the two of you. It's simple and small, just like what you asked for over the phone." She smiles.

"Niall." Blondie sticks out his free hand, introducing himself. "My girlfriend, Evanna." I smile at her, also offering a hand shake.

"Nice to meet you."

"Well why don't we get down to business?" She slaps her hands against her thighs. "Let's just go right in and take a look."

She leads us up the steps and onto the balcony, explaining something to us but I'm not listening. I don't wanna be here anymore. I don't like it. It's giving me a creepy feeling, not a welcoming one.

As soon as we walk into the house, it's the living room.

"Ooh, fully furnished." Niall notices, squeezing my hand.

"Yup, move-in ready." The lady whose name I don't care to learn says. We walk further into the house, a doorframe with no door leads us into the kitchen. It's small too. An old stove. Used microwave. Wooden cupboards. It's cute, I'll give it that.

We walk into a short hallway, a door at both ends. A bathroom in the center. We walk into each room, one by one. Each one looks the same. There is a laundry room downstairs and another small bathroom. That's pretty much it. not a lot of storage space or anything like that. Just a house.

"I'll give you guys some time. Think it trough." The lady says and walks out of the house, taking a seat in a balcony chair and busies herself with her cell phone.

"I like it." Niall says.

"I don't know." I hold back. "It's kind of creepy, and every room is the same. There isn't any storage space and-" Niall cuts me off by standing right in front of me and takes my hands in both of his.

"Think about it." Blondie starts to explain. "We can paint the rooms, get a few doors." He chuckles.

"The outside is grey." I complain.

"We can fix that too!" He smiles bright... like a diamond. "And everything else that you don't like. Everything is fixable, Love. It will be fun too, painting the rooms and everything."