•27•

After my dad told me the news, I just broke down. What else was I supposed to do? I just found out that my mother died. I never knew her, never got to know her.

Niall carried my sobbing self up to my bedroom. He sits on my bed with me on his lap and holds me close to him and rocks us back and fourth. He did this my first few days of being at his his house, I want to smile as I remember but I'm too busy crying my eyes out.

"N-Niall, I spent my whole life hating my mother b-because I thought she left and I-I feel so dirty now." I continue to cry. Niall holds me tighter and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Shh," he soothes. "You didn't know."

"That's the thing, Niall. I should have known. My dad is keeping secret after secret and it's starting to piss me off! He wasn't going to tell me about the crash, I just find out that my mother died and he is only now telling me, after living eighteen years of hating her because she left me." I ramble.

"Ev, shush." Niall presses farther.

"Niall, I can't just-" he cuts me off with his lips on mine and I melt in his arms, just like that.

In this moment, with his steady lips over my trembling ones, I forget everything. I forget about all that needs to be forgotten for a while and just focus in on this kiss that is shared with the man that I love.

Our lips dance together as he continues to rock both our bodies side to side. When we finally pull away, my tears have stopped and my breathing is somewhat leveled.

"You didn't know." Niall whispered against my lips.

"But, N-"

"Buts are for sitting sweetheart." I sigh, knowing he won't let me talk and climb off his lap. "What are you doing?"

"It's been a long day. I want sleep." I say flatly and grab pajamas from the drawer in my dresser.

"I guess I should go then..."

"No, stay. I haven't been sleeping well." I say shyly. I make Niall turn around while I change into my shorts and baggy shirt.

"What about your dad?" Blondie asks as I join him on the bed. Ha, my dad. I could care less about what my father says about Niall sleeping in the same bed as me.

"I don't care." After spending the entire summer with Niall sneaking into my cabin... wait. "Niall?"

"Yes, Darlin?" He smirks to me while he turns down the sheets for me to climb in.

"At, um. At the summer camp, did you ever sneak into my cabin?" I climb in the covers and bring them up to my chin.

Blondie takes his sweet time taking his shirt off before answering, "All the time, why?" He raises an eyebrow and climbs into bed next to me.

"I just like.. remembered." I stare at him as he lays next to me.

"Don't stress it." He whispers and tucks a stray hair behind my ear. "It might come back to you, I hope it does, but for now don't worry everything will be okay." Niall smiles softly and leans in. "I love you" he whispers against my lips before breaking the distance.

I keep my eyes shut as he pulls away, and let him move my body so he is comfortable. His arms are wrapped protectively around my waist and his head rests in the crevice of my neck. I hold onto one of his forearms with my right, while my left hand is under the pillow.

Once I'm sure he is asleep, I take a deep breath and give his arm a squeeze. "I love you too."

-