Chapter 26

I think Andrew is angry. Not that I can hear him yelling or anything but he's unnaturally stiff I think his jaw is clenched his green eyes are sharp and have dark forest green color. There's a flash of something dangerous in them.

At first, I felt like it's a little bit excessive to call an ambulance for my leg and hand injury but that feeling was gone the second I looked at the way my bandage was stained with red liquid.

Okay, maybe it was a good idea to call an ambulance after all.

The loss of blood made me feel weak and dizzy. Soon everything went blurry. As I was falling into unconsciousness I was just hoping I won't bleed out. Someone was holding my hand.

When I woke up Andrew was near. I could hear him asking a question to the nurse.

"Is Dr. Julien Flynn with patient right now? I can't get a hold of him?"

For a moment no one realized I regained consciousness this is when I looked outside of the window to see a grey morning sky. My least favorite color.

"Dr. Flynn is in the middle of a conference in Tokyo. If you want I can call another psychiatrist"

"Who's Dr. Flynn?" I asked weakly suddenly anxious. I didn't like doctors.

"My brother. He's the one I wanted you to speak to, remember?"

Oh. That one. The uncle I haven't met yet.

Andrew noticed my discomfort straight away but didn't react in any way. I guess he wasn't the consoling type.

"But I'm fine I don't need a counselor," I said nervously, slowly starting to panic. Shit.

"Ellie calm down, I just wanted him to meet you since we ended up at his workplace that's all," he said in a calm, leveled voice that had a calming effect on me, I don't know when all of my muscles relaxed and my breathing evened out.

Our little moment of silence was interrupted by Andrew's phone. He looked at the screen with a blank expression and told me he will be right back. I just nodded and watched as he leaves the room. The nurse went away as well to my relief.

I felt weak and dizzy so I decided to try falling asleep but as soon as I closed my eyes I had to open them again because someone entered my door without knocking.

As the door opened I saw two police officers coming in. One of them was blonde-haired, tall with small, blue eyes. The second was shorter and had red hair that was messily tied in a bun. They were wearing black uniforms one was a head taller than the other. They made me feel uneasy. When will Andrew be back?

"You're Andrew's Flynn daughter, yes?" One of them asked while getting uncomfortably close to my bed. The second stayed near the door.

I nodded and as soon as I did I regretted it.

"Let me know if someone is coming" the taller one who was now standing next to me said. The shorter nodded and went outside.

"What's ha-" but I couldn't say anything more because suddenly my world went black. I didn't even notice when he snatched the pillow from under me and started pressing it over my head. I couldn't breathe.

"Jack didn't do anything to you. You and Jennifer fought, you fell in an unfortunate way, right? You're going to tell Jennifer's mother asked you to lie, won't you?" He said and I desperately wanted to agree with him but I was too busy trying to get the oxygen into my lungs. I could feel my tears staining the pillow that was suffocating me. The only thing I could think of is that I don't want to die like that. But this man continued his monologue as nothing was happening "You know your daddy couldn't protect his wife, he couldn't protect your mother. Do you think he can protect you from us? The third time is a charm, yeah? Maybe if we finish you off he will finally stop digging. If you testify against Greene boss will personality make sure you're dead"

When the pillow was away from my face I started choking on the sudden entrance of oxygen into my airwaves. I was taking the deepest breath possible just to replenish what was lost. I saw what saved me.

The second was the officer entering the room, as I realized it was a sign to let his companion knew that someone is coming.

As I was trying to calm down he leaned over me and whispered into my ears "Remember - it was an accident, you fell on accident if you tell anything more else you're dead"

That was the last thing that horrible man said to me before Andrew entered the room with a grave expression.

"Police officers cannot speak to unaccompanied minors." That was the first thing he said and the room seemed to freeze when he did. His voice could really be terrifying.

"Mr. Flynn we were waiting for you" the red-haired man started, he was acting all nice and innocent but Andrew didn't react and his gaze wasn't focused on the officer. He was looking straight at me with... was that concern?

"You should've waited outside. You can't be in the same room without her guardian present" this time Andrew's calculating gaze rested on the officer.

"Well you're here now" he laughed nervously but Andrew didn't look amused.

"Give me your badge numbers. And introduce yourself. You seem to know my name but I don't know yours"

"We're here to get Elisabeth's official statement regarding the incident"

"Reschedule it then. She will speak with you after she rests"

"We want to solve the issue of discrepancy in the statements. Mrs. Greene changed her testimony so did her daughter. We just need to know if Elisabeth still maintains that she was attacked by Mr. Greene, when we arrived the suspect wasn't even home"

"I-" I started weakly trying to repeat exactly what the police officer told me to say but Andrew stopped me with a sharp gaze. Then it shifted again on police officers.

"Get out of this room if you still want to have a job tomorrow. The meeting is rescheduled" That shut them up. But could Andrew really do that? Fire them just like that? Looking at his fierce expression I was capable of believing that. "I'm sorry am I speaking in a different language? If you won't leave right now it won't end on disciplinary discharge"

That made them leave. To be honest, when I watched Andrew speaking in this terrifying voice I wanted to leave as well.

When we were alone in the room Andrew sat on my bed and now looking straight at my face with strong proximity. I felt like I have nowhere to run so I started breathing heavily again. I was starting to have a panic attack. This is when he pulled me into a sitting position and hugged me.

I was being hugged by Andrew. It was a feeling so comforting that I didn't know what's happening at first. I also haven't noticed when I started wailing loudly like a child. I don't know how long it took me to calm down and stop crying but when the tears stopped flowing my head was resting on his shoulder and he asked quietly.

"What happened Ellie? Did they hurt you?"

Should I tell him the truth?

———-
Well, should Ellie tell him what's up? Opinions? Thoughts?