Chapter 28

Because of my injuries I needed to stay at home for a week. It was fine at first. I was slightly bored but all in all, I didn't mind.

Andrew arranged a private tutor for me as soon as we arrived home. It's not I had a holiday from schoolwork but the teacher was really nice.

Around day 14 of being locked up in the house, I decided to ask when I will be able to go back. I started to be suspicious. I should be back in school two days ago.

Andrew was as always at work and the boys were busy with training before the competition so they were all hard to catch.

Thankfully today Dan and Max were lazing around in the living room, playing some bloody video game.

"Have you seen Andrew?" I asked Dan who could consume popcorn while having his eyes glued to the screen, Max was lying on the sofa next to him looking more bored than entertained with a zombie trying to attack his character.

"Try calling him" Dan gave brilliant advice.

"I did. He asked if it's urgent and when I said no he hanged up on me" I said irritated.

"Sounds like him. What do you need"

"I want to go back to school. What? Why are you looking at each other like that?"

"It's better if you ask, dad"

"Yeah, maybe next month or two years from now when his divine spirit will graciously manifest in front of me. Tell me now"

"He pulled you out of the school for a month, I think. We only know this because we saw him at the principal office"

"He what? You can't be serious. When was he planning to tell me?"

"I don't know have you seen him this week?"

"No"

"Then probably as soon as he meets with you. I doubt he wanted Jacquline to break the news"

"He can't do things like that without asking me first!"

"Try telling him that. Just remember that his job is to argue with people"

"Wait. Why did you tell me this?"

"Dad is working insane hours lately I think he needs a little lesson" Max smirked.

"Max" I started feeling fury wash over me "Are you trying to use my anger to teach Andrew a lesson?"

"My little sister is so smart" he smiled lightly and started messing up my hair until I started screaming.

That manipulative, mean... ass!

"Now imagine. I've had to spend all my life with my evil twin no wonder I'm so awesome after surviving all the hardships" Dan said in a serious voice but his eyes sparkled with amusement.

"You were the one who dropped the idea to tell on dad to her"

"You're both evil"

"Have you met Charles?"

"Have you met dad?"

Twins asked simultaneously. Right, they were all insufferable, impossible to deal with.

As TV was playing in the background until my attention was drawn to the news report.

"Chief of the police force will face the corruption charges? Today the sudden crackdown on high profile police officers. What caused this unexpected move from DA's Office? We're yet to receive a response"