Chapter 29

I picked the cute red dress, high heel shoes, and long black coat in case it was too cold.

With my "rebellion" I really wanted to prove something to myself, not Andrew. I sincerely hoped he won't catch me.

The apartment where the party was taking place was situated in one of the city's skyscrapers. I couldn't believe I was let in after I said my name to the doorman and I was about to go to the last floor on the top of the building. Ah yes, the rich kids' world.

"You look stunning Ellie" that's the first thing Nick said to me.

"Thank you"

"We will finally have a chance to talk"

"Oh really?" I yelled not even trying to hide my amusement "It's loud as hell here"

"Come with me, I want to show you something!" When he grabbed my hand I felt an electric impulse running through my hand. A warmth spreading on my cheeks. I was blushing and smiling stupidly. Gosh, I'm so lame.

He took me to the rooftop and it was a quiet and beautiful night. From there we could enjoy the panoramic view of the city and for the moment I couldn't say I word. It enchanted me.

Finally, after long minutes of silence, I said

"It's beautiful"

"I know, right?"

"How do you know about this place I thought you just moved to the city?"'

"I was here pretty often even when I had to travel from my hometown. For the castings, you know"

"For how long are you a model?"

"Started at 14. Usually, they allow to enter people who are 15 and up but my mother is a fashion designer so she made it happen. Me and my parents we moved back after several years out of the city because my career is taking over and they don't want me to miss job on opportunities. What about you?"

"It was my first photoshoot, I ended before I even started"

"What do you mean?"

"Look" I showed the scar on my leg and the one on my hand.

"What happened?"

"An accident. I don't really want to talk about it here" I muttered.

"You're worried about scars? They photoshop everything these days" Nick said reassuringly. "I think you still have a big chance to get hired you're so beautiful"

"I-" wow did he really just said that? "Thank you? But let's not exaggerate"

"I'm not exaggerating. Every time I see your face I want to kiss it. Isn't that proof enough?"

"Um... I mean what's stopping you?" I asked watching straight into his eyes.

Apparently nothing. As soon as I said this his lips found mine. The kiss wasn't long but it was sweet and short. And right after my mind was a fuzzy mess.

"And what about your parents are they supportive?"

"What?"

Nick sent me a blinding smile.

"I was asking if your parents are supportive of your career"

"To put it shortly, no"

"That sucks. I'm sorry" he wrapped his hand around my waist and I didn't mind. "We should go back inside," he said sensing me shiver "I'd love to dance with you Ellie"

"I don't know how to dance"

"I will teach you," he said quietly, and then, he kissed my lips again. I enjoyed it very much. There's no way I would deny any of his requests now so we did come back to the party.

"Alcohol?" I asked watching the shot of vodka appeared in my hand out of nowhere. "I don't know if it's a good idea," I said.

"C'mon Ellie just relax a little bit. You're too stiff. It will be easier to dance"

"Okay" I agreed reluctantly and soon I felt the burning feeling through my throat. I coughed twice and blushed when Nick called me cute.

Then we started dancing and through the rest of the night, I couldn't get rid of the feeling that someone is watching me. It was irrational fear but still, it was there.

Alcohol although a small amount still had an impact on my body, to the point that I wasn't really worried while coming back home. I felt more... relaxed while dancing.

Unfortunately at some point, I had to say to myself: enough.

"I need to go," I said after the fourth dance. I was tired, it was loud and my head was hurting. The world was spinning a little bit I think it was the effect of that shot I had before we started dancing.

The longer I'm gone the bigger chance someone will find out about my absence so I had to leave. I took a cab, again. I wish I had a chance to just come back home by bus but the mansion was situated in a place with no bus stops available. The downsides of living in a really rich neighborhood on the outskirts of the city.

I couldn't believe I got away with it.

Well, I didn't get away with it. I realized as soon as I saw a dimmed light inside of the house, on the first floor. Someone was sitting in the small library room connected to the hallway.

Shit. Now what?

What do I do?

Do I knock? Do I just go in?

Go in. Just do it, don't think. You're a dead man walking anyway.

I pressed on a doorknob and cringed at its unnecessarily loud sound.

Seconds that felt like forever I was opening the door in anguish afraid of what do I see on the other side.

Absolute nightmare scenario. That's what I saw.

Andrew was sitting on a red armchair with whiskey in his hand, dimmed light was surrounding his figure, he was in the process of reading the documents that I assume are from his work.

Are we sure he's catching mob bosses and isn't the mob boss himself? He would do great in this role. His mere presence was terrifying. I actually started to believe that the moment he lifts his gaze and look at me I will die.

He did look at me eventually although he was in no hurry. His lazy movements actually added to my torture and I was certain he was aware of that. He looked at me with his cold eyes and it made me shiver but didn't kill me. Maybe it is better if it did because I wasn't looking forward to the conversation that was about to take place.

"It's quite late isn't it?"

➰〰️➰〰️➰
Yup, that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

How do you think Andrew will punish Ellie? ☺️