Chapter 43

"You have two options. You can go with me willingly and nothing will happen to your brother or you can make a scene and I will shoot him. Which one do you choose?"

"Q-quiet" I managed to choke out.

"Good girl" the kidnapper praised me. "Now come closer" he ordered and I did. My mind blank I didn't know what to do. Suddenly I felt him tightening plastic cuffs around my wrists.

"The other two will be here any minute. Ben, you know what to do"

"Got it"

There was another man, he was wielding a gun as well. As I was being dragged none too gently towards the car parked in the middle of forest road a stranger called "Ben" was now standing next to my brother's unconscious body with a weapon that could kill him in a split of a second and I knew I won't survive if something will happen to him.

I was sobbing and I could feel a tip of a gun stabbing into my back.

"Shut the fuck up" the man who took me hostage was annoyed by the noise I was making. I couldn't help it.

Suddenly I heard a gunshot. Oh, God. I was trying to get away to see what's happening. Max? Did they shot him? Did they lie to me and then shot him? I couldn't see. I was too far away.

"Stop struggling bitch!"

I ended up being forcefully thrown into the car. On my way there I hit my head on a doorframe. He grabbed my legs and fastened plastic handcuffs around my ankles. I tried to get away but the door was already closed.

Oh my God, I had a deja vu. I was already kidnapped once. By Charles. It wasn't real back then, it was just to teach me a lesson but he never tried to hurt me. The situation here was completely different. The man who kidnapped me was brutal. Now I had to deal with a pulsing pain radiating from my forehead.

A gunshot. That bastard said he's not going to hurt Max if I come willingly. Oh my God, what if they killed him? What if they killed Dan or Charles because they arrived at the scene and saw what's going on?

Which of my brothers is dead? It was driving me crazy. I would never recover from that. If something happened to any of them. If any of them is dead it's like a part of me was dead.

I couldn't stop my tears from flowing.  My whole body was shaking. My breathing was erratic and uneven. My head was spinning. I felt like I'm going to faint or throw up.

"Derek, where are you?"

A voice on the other side of the phone asked. I shivered.

"In the car. I have her. Someone was shooting as we were driving away"

"Change the car after you arrive on the main road as we discussed. We can't take any chances."

We did change a car. This time he searched me to check if I have any device with me. The phone, neckless, and watch ended up in the dirt on the side of the road.

At that moment my consciousness left my body. I hid myself somewhere deep in my thoughts as I was lying immobilized on the back of the car. Is this how my life is going to end? This thought crossed my mind but instantly disappeared as I could feel nothing but regret. I was finally on the good path to find my happiness. I had my brothers with me and I started eating. I had uncle Julien who knew me better than I knew myself and step by step I was starting to love myself more. So is that the end of my journey? I hate it. I called Andrew „dad". For the first time, our serious conversation did not end with me yelling or crying we parted in peace. That's good, right? No unfinished business maybe I won't come back like a ghost. Maybe dad will somehow deal with my death quickly.