Chapter 34

I didn't know for a moment where I was, it was dark and I wanted to sleep. I really wanted to let the darkness swallow me whole again. But I've heard the voice of my brother calling for me. I couldn't ignore Dan when he was so worried. I could feel the desperation in his voice. I had to help him, calm him down, ask what happened.

Everything felt weird. Like I was asleep and awake at the same time. I noticed that someone was holding my hand.

I really tried to wake up and tell him I'm alright but my eyes wouldn't open. My lips were sealed shut as I was screaming in my mind that he shouldn't worry about me.

🌹🌹🌹

"What's up with her? What's going on?" Max asked as he paced around the immaculately white hospital room, obviously worried.

"You should wait until your father calls back, he will explain everything," Julien said as he was trying to make both of his nephews calm down.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Julien? We're supposed to wait for God knows how long to find out because you can't tell us?! Is she dying?"

"She's not dying,"

It was Dan who was holding my hand tightly. He was closer to me and his grab tightened as he started to speak "I shouldn't be taking her to the gym, she said she doesn't want to go. She probably wasn't feeling well but I didn't listen, it's my fault"

"Just tell us. I feel like going crazy. We will find out anyway" Max said with a worried voice I never heard before.

Julien sighted.

"It's not your fault, Dan. She fainted from malnourishment"

"What? What do you mean?"

"She's healthy. Her body didn't get enough nutrients because she wasn't providing it to her organism"

"So you're telling us she's starved herself"

"That's the theory for now. We need to speak to her when she wakes up. We also discovered some traces of substances popular in diet supplements"

"You're trying to tell us she's taking drugs without supervision?"

Julien pointed the finger at his nephew.

"This is why I wanted you both to wait. Don't jump to conclusions and don't talk to her about it for now because we don't need her to feel overwhelmed. Andrew needs to come back and sort this out. It's his job, not yours" Julien said in stern warning. I never saw him acting strict and cold before. "It is most likely that she took something on her own accord. I can't imagine Andrew agreeing for using this sort of weight loss methods they're extremely unhealthy besides Ellie doesn't need to lose any weight, if anything she needs to gain"

"What do we do now?"

"We don't do anything other than wait for Ellie to wake up and then just be with her, cheer her up. Leave the rest to me and Andrew it's that clear?"

"When Ellie is she going home? Is she staying here?"

"There's no reason to keep her in the hospital. I will be crashing at your house for several days to make sure she's fine. I mean she could be admitted to the hospital but I'm might be too soon to make that decision"

"Isn't there anything we can do for her? Why would she starve herself" Max asked quietly and Julien's expression went soft.

"Being there for her is more than enough. For now, you can just show her she's not alone"

Dan and Max looked at each other and they both understood well what they needed to do.

Get closer to Ellie.

🔆🔆🔆

Hiii,

This chapter is a little short but I might add something later today. ;)