I Played It Safe

“Eric!!” She gushes.

We giggle about Eric for a little while before we finish up in Forever 21 and then head out for a late lunch at three. After lunch Rydel takes us to get Mani-Pedi’s. I’ve never had one before, and I have to say, it felt wonderful, and I really do feel a lot prettier. We finished the day off by stopping at this place called ‘Get Shaved’ apparently all the Lynches love it. They sell shaved ice. I was skeptical about it at first, considering I thought we were going to a hair salon, but when Rydel told me what it was I was all up for it. It was definitely the best shaved ice I’ve ever had, it wasn’t like swallowing a spoonful of icicles, the ice had more of a light, fluffy texture, and the flavors, my GOD THE FLAVORS. I can’t even begin to explain the pure ecstasy. We got back home and the sun seemed to be going down. I decided I’d go for a walk.

“You want me to come with you?” Rydel asks concerned.

“Nah, I just wanna get a feel for the area.” I say with a smile.

“Okay see you in a little bit.”

I start walking toward the setting sun. This part of L.A. was set up on a grid plan so I figured if I just followed the road this way I’d end up at the beach, and little to my surprise I did. It was probably like a mile or so down the road. This is actually the spot where Ross and I spent the night. It feels like ages ago. I sit down in the spot where Ross once sat and I watched the sun set. It wasn’t quite as enchanting as when I was with Ross. Once the sun is out of sight I stand up.

*Ross POV*

I read my watch 6:45 damn where is Rydel with Sydney? Uh. I am getting worried, I pull out my phone and begin to dial Sydney’s number just as the door opens. I quickly look up to find Rydel closing the door. I run over to her.

“Where’s Sydney?” I ask anxiously.

“Some guy came by, took her, and drove off with her” She says plainly. Derek. Shit, Derek!

“What!? When, where?” I slur out as I panickingly put my shoes on. I notice Riker out of the corner of my eye looking over from the couch.

“Haha I’m just joking! She just went for a quick walk around the neighborhood. You’re such a goober” She says ruffling my hair, me standing there speechless. “Oh yeah totally some guy came by and kidnapped Sydney, pshh” She sarcastically lets out and leaves the room. I let out a sigh and sit next to Riker on the couch, both of our hearts racing. Rydel has no idea how easily that could have been true.

“You okay dude?” Riker empathetically puts his hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah, yeah” I begin to calm down “just had a little scare there for a second, how ‘bout you?”

“Just a small aneurism. Totally terrified” He sighs and we are both quiet for a minute. He looks around the room to make sure no one is there and then he whispers to me. “I’m glad you kicked his ass” I grin at his comment.

“It felt pretty great, if you ever see him you should give it a try” I nudge him.

“I’ll definitely take a stab at it” he smiles “but you’ll have to point him out for me” We laugh and we talk some more until I realize it is 7:30 and Sydney still isn’t home. I guess I was staring at the door because Riker then said.

“Don’t worry dude, she’ll be back any second” As he said that I heard the mechanisms in the door handle turn and I jump up and greet Sydney with a kiss at the door. Maybe a little too enthusiastically.

“Haha, nice to see you too” She smiled.

“I was worried about you” I admit

“I was only gone for a few minutes”