The Way You Turn Me On

I continue to walk down the street until I reach the beach, I stop for a moment and calculate where my shoes may be, they’ve got to be about a quarter mile south, that’s where I ran into Derek and Rydel. I step on the sand and scout the area to make sure no one is here, Derek in particular, and then I start walking the shoreline again.

It takes me a much shorter time to reach the spot I was looking for, I look at the sand and I can still see the spot I took off at a sprint at. And about five feet in front of me I see my converse, I lunge after them.

“Sorry dad, it was important.” I hug the shoes close to my chest and walk back home. Walking up to the door I see that there is a light on inside. SHIT. Please don’t be Ross. Please don’t be Ross. I open the door and to my surprise, it isn’t Ross.

“How did you know I was gone?”

“I know…” Riker replies

“Kn—know what?” I ask nervously.

“You know mine and Rocky’s room is right next to the bathroom right?” He asks rhetorically.

“Damn! What’s up with you Lynch boys and eavesdropping? …Wait… does Rocky know too then?”

“No, he can sleep through anything”

“Oh good, good”

“Good? Sydney this is anything but good”

“Huh?”

“Sydney… I care for you a lot, and you’re really a great person, but I don’t want my baby sister living your life. She isn’t as strong as you. She breaks too easily”

“I’m sorry Riker, it’s all my fault she got involved with Derek, he was just trying to get closer to me. I swear to you Riker. I swear he will never hurt her, I swear on my life” Riker looks at me up and down, examining me to try to figure out if I’m telling the truth. Verified. He walks over to me and hugs me.

“Now, where did you go?”

“Hmm well I am pooped! Night!” I yell out to him as I climb the stairs. I’m not ready to tell the Lynches of my father yet. That story… gets to me. I open the door to mine and Rydel’s room, luckily Rydel is asleep. I climb into my bed after changing and placing my Converse bed-side. I reach up and click the lamp off.

“Goodnight dad” Then I drift off to sleep.

-In the morning-

When I wake up Rydel is still sleeping, not surprising, when Derek first hit me I went into a short hibernation. I outstretch my arms and hop up from my bed. I watch Rydel as I tiptoe across the room; suddenly I feel a tug at my foot as my body starts to lean forward. I look down to see my charger tangled around my feet and in the process, tripping me.

“Shit!” I fall face first into the door, smashing my nose.

“Sydney?” I hear Rydel get up, Damn. I slowly look up to her. And then she starts… cracking up laughing… what?!

“Hey don’t laugh at my pain!”

“I’m not! I’m laughing at your klutziness!” She walks over to me and helps me up. “Come on, we should go clean up this blood” Blood? I reach up to my nose, oh yep there it is, nose bleed, cool. We take a step out of our room and there is Rocky, right on cue.

“Let me guess, you heard a noise so you just HAD to investigate?” I raise my eyebrow while holding my nose.

“Uh… yeah basically”

“Well it’s nothing big, I just decided it’d be a good idea to dive bomb the door.”

“We were going to clean her up right now” Rydel adds as I release my nose to show him the flowing blood.