Should've Seen It Coming

It's really short guys but I really wanted to get it to you! comment/vote/fan

I watch Jameson giggle as he plays on the jungle gym. I look down at my old phone, the picture on the background is Ross and I at the beach, with Rocky in between us, photo bombing our picture. Stormie took the picture. I look up to see Jameson isn’t there anymore. I look around the rest of the playground—not yet in panic mode—till I hear his soft voice behind me.

“Hey! That’s Ross!” he says loudly. He has seen Ross a couple more times when I’ve taken him to filming. Surprisingly he hasn’t called him Austin like most kids do, but that’s because Jameson doesn’t watch kid shows, he likes action, which is why he knows me as Johanna. Hi like the Hunger Games series a lot, however his favorite movie is Ironman.

“Yep” I say, casually closing my phone “Let’s get you home”

We go slowly, him on my shoulders, how he normally is.

I think, as I have been a lot lately, about Ross, if we were still together, if Derek never came back. Why can’t I have that life, in another dimension there is a Sydney with Ross, and I suddenly feel envious of her, although technically I am her. How did she get it to work in her favor? I think of the imaginary situation in my head, instead of breaking up with Ross she told Derek to fuck off, but in the end Derek kills him, just like he did my father. I shake my head from thinking of the possibility if I had stayed. I made the right decision. But the fact lies that I can’t be happy anymore, because I have to stay with Derek forever. And Ross will never get over me, not as long as I live here on earth. Then another possibility floods my head, taking me back to a nightmare I had months ago…

“One bullet to the head.

One rope around the neck.

A couple slashes on the wrist soaked in water.

A couple pills.

A glass of toxic chemicals.

ONE JUMP.”

The possibilities are endless.

I imagine myself preforming each task, and what would happen after. There wouldn’t be a funeral, the Lynches would find out through Ross, who would find out from our director, or none of them would find out until the tabloids began gabbing about it. The Lynches might mourn for a day, Ross slightly longer. Derek wouldn’t even give a shit. My mom would be too drugged up to even register I died. But the important thing is that eventually Ross will get over me in that scenario.

I die, but there will be no more suffering.

That’s the best case scenario.

*Ross POV*

“We talk every day after filming” I tell Riker.

“It’s only been a week” he replies in attempt to lessen my joy.

“Quit cutting me down, man” I say slightly ticked.

“Why is she suddenly talking to you when she has tried so hard to avoid you?”

“I don’t know” I say honestly “Maybe she has just realized there’s no use in fighting it anymore, we are meant to be.” I guess “She’s coming around”

“Dude, she’s with Derek remember?” I totally forgot about that. I’ve been so caught up talking to Sydney that I haven’t been investigating on where she and Derek are staying. God I hate saying their names in the same sentence.

“You know I don’t care what you say, you’re just jealous I get to see Sydney all the time” I say angrily as I go sit in my room on my bed.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow we are back on set, and tomorrow is when I win Sydney back. I will convince her that it’s safe here. And we can be happy again. Everything will be perfect like it should be, and I can be happy again. I will tell her I can’t live without her and Derek has enough counts of abuse we could lock his ass up for years. I smile because she has to listen to reason. I mean coming back to live with me is the only logical choice. Who cares if Derek is after her, I’ll keep her safe.

I can’t wait to see her tomorrow.