All The Pain And The Heart Ache

“You can’t stay”

“Why not?” She asks

“Because!” I raise my voice “What do you think Ross will do?!”

“He will get over me, there’s plenty of girls out there who want him, don’t pretend like you don’t see it too” she gets gloomier.

“Sydney” she looks up at me “Is that what this all is about? You realize he will never Love any of them, because they aren’t you.” I see a tear barely escape her eye before she wipes it away and sniffles.

“No that isn’t what this is about. Riker, just stop you’re making this so much harder than it should be”

“If it’s hard to do then that means it’s the wrong thing to do!”

“You don’t get it! All of my choices are hard to make!”

“Wh—What do you mean?”

“Nothing Riker—just leave it” she stands up and walks away to the kitchen. I start chasing after her, halfway jumping over the table in the process. I open the door to the kitchen.

“Sydney! You’re thinking too much! Just come home you don’t even have a place to stay here!”

“Did you forget my mother lives here??” She snaps back at me, I stop for a second to look at her while raising my eyebrow.

“I met your mother, there is no way you can stay with that terrible woman”

“What? When did you meet my mom?”

“Just before I came here” I say, a little out of breath, over walks one of the chefs in the kitchen, he puts an arm over Sydney’s shoulder.

“Is there a problem over here?” for some reason this guy really grinds my gears.

“Yes there is, get away from her.” I shove his arm off her and bring her to my side.

“Riker! What’s wrong with you!” She pushes away from me “Ike didn’t do anything wrong!”

“Yeah man!” he adds

“Sydney! Just come home!” I demand

“Home? You mean LA?” Ike says turning to Sydney

“I haven’t agreed to anything yet” She pouts.

“Well maybe this will help you decide” Ike grasps both sides of her head, what’s he doing? “Jessica, I Love you” And BOOM! He crashes his lips into hers. I get ready to tackle the ass when Sydney pulls back from him furiously. I wouldn’t want to get on her bad side, I already knew that from Jenny.

“What the!” she yells out and slaps him straight across his face. Hard.

“Yes!” I cheer

“That did help! I’m outta here!” She grabs her bag and I wrap my arm around her shoulder. I stare at the pretentious fool lying in front of me holding the side of his face. “Oh! And my name is Sydney, not Jessica” with that we leave through the dining room. We get in the car and leave. It’s a silent drive until, eventually, I break it.

“I won’t tell Ross” I say referring to the kiss.

“Thanks” She says “It would only make him worry, and maybe not mention my crazy little trip either?” Good she’s finally getting some sense into her.

“Of course” I smile “So why is it you went back to your old town?”

“Oh” I see in my periphs that she looks a little frustrated “I was just looking for some motherly advice, sadly I didn’t get it”