You're My Obsession

This chapter goes out to MeMyselfAndI25 because your comments make me so flipping happy hahahahah :D ENJOY EVERYONE!

After I pull up into the Get Shaved parking lot I hop out of the van and walk toward the front of Get Shaved. As I walk I catch a glimpse of platinum blonde in the crowd disperses slightly so I can see the back of his body. He looks kind of shorter than usual, hmm must be the lighting here. I sneak up behind him and cover his eyes.

“Guess who!” I call, but immediately I can tell something is wrong, he feels familiar, but not Ross familiar. He is cold instead of warm, bony instead of fleshy, rough instead of smooth, and worst of all I realize he is Derek instead of Ross. I retract my hands almost as quickly as I put them on. He swiftly turns around gleaming that sinister smile at me. His freckles are poorly hidden behind some drug store cover up, and now that I’m closer, I can see how bad his dying job was, there are spots of black all over his hair, some spots are more blonde than others, it’s just a total disaster. “FUCK YOU” I spit on his shoes as I start walking away.

“I wouldn’t leave if I was you!” he call out calmly.

“Well good thing you aint me!” I yell waving my hand without turning.

“Oh fine…” he gets quieter “I just thought you cared about Ross” Shit. I swivel on my heels and bolt back to Derek. I grab the neck of his shirt, pulling his face closer to me while I jab my pointer in his jaw.

“What did you do to him?!” I demand sternly, even though on the inside I was ready to have a panic attack.

“Nothing” he says blankly “…yet” I squint my eyes at him and loosen my grip.

“I don’t believe you”

“About?”

“About you ever planning on doing something to Ross”

“Oh really?” he pauses and raises his eyebrows “Did we already forget what happened to Jack?”

“DON’T YOU DARE CALL HIM THAT!” I screech out, inches from his face, he smirks.

“Oh fine…’Mr. Anderson’” he mocks. I’m about two seconds from punching the snot out of him.

“Fine, I’ll talk” We sit at a small table with privacy, but not enough to where I’m worried something will happen. He won’t try anything with all these people here.

“You are absolutely radiant today, Sydney” he smiles at me while cradling his mandible with the back of his interloped hands.

“Turn your hormones off, I aint biting” I say harshly.

“I can’t, whenever I see you they go into over drive—has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?” Cheesy

“Yeah, Ross” Derek’s face immediately turns sour.

“You know Ross isn’t that great” he starts raising his voice. “Why do you like him so much? ‘Cause he has money? I can get you money!”

“You know damn well I don’t care about money! Ross is nice, respectful, caring, funny and well damn it, he doesn’t beat me!” I start to get angry “Tell me why the fuck you wanted to talk to me” I say while leaning back in my chair.

“I want you back”

“I figured that, but I’m not going back to you”

“And I thought you would say that, but you know I know you live with your little boyfriend—“

“Just get to your point”

“Ohh—FEISTY!” he smiles and I gag “Okay I’ll get straight to it. You will come back to me or I’ll—oh I don’t know—damage? Your little boyfriend.”

“What do you mean?” My heart is racing, my voice has gone soft as I choke on my words—god I’m nervous.

“You know what happened to your dad—I’ll give you a week to decide” Derek stands up. “Kiss for the road?” I snap my head up.

FUCK OFF” I yell at him while slamming my hands on the table to pick up my things, I stand up and start walking away.

“I’ll talk to you in a week!” he calls after me, laughing.

What am I going to do?

*Stormie POV*

Just as I finish putting away mine and Mark’s clothes I hear a light tapping on the door.

“Come in!” I say loudly. The door opens ever so slightly—just enough for the short blondie to make it through, she close it softly behind her and walks over to me.

“Hey Stormie” It’s obvious she is trying to speak quietly—but Sydney is naturally loud—her voice can only go so low. “I was just wondering if it would be okay if I went to go see my mom”

Oh of course sweetie! You don’t have to ask my permission”

“I know, I just felt like I should”

“May I ask why you’re suddenly going to see her?” I see her face drop and she avoids my stare, she begins scratching the back of her neck.

“Oh—just a—she called me and said it was urgent—that’s all I know” Wow it’s so unlike Sydney to lie, oh well she just wants to see her mom “And hey, uh, let’s keep this little trip between us?”

“Of course sweetie” I smile largely.

“So next couple of days I’ll be AWOL”

“Have fun honey”

*Riker POV*

I walk by my parents’ bedroom and hear Sydney’s loud voice in side.

“I was just wondering if it would be okay if I went to go see my mom?” hmm, I listen to their conversation until I hear Sydney say “Let’s keep this little trip between us?” whoa, secretive? And wait she’s going to see her mom, she hates her mom! There’s something fishy going on here. The door handle starts to jiggle and I quickly run to the kitchen.

After a moment I see Sydney walk out of the hallway with a backpack on, and I can see what I assume to be a plane ticket in her hand. “Where you headed?” I ask.

“Oh—uh I’m just spending the night at my friend Hannah’s house for a couple days”

“Oh” I say totally not convinced “Want a ride?”

“Nah I have one, actually can you tell Ross where I’m going to be?”

“Yeah sure” and with that she leaves. I jump to the computer and search up ‘Placerville, California Anderson’. I didn’t think before I clicked enter. All that popped up were articles about her father’s murder. There’s pictures of the restaurant, her father when he was still alive, and even one of her arriving at the scene of the crime, her face is filled with worry, suddenly the story she told me comes to life. Then I see a picture of a grown woman in the caption it says ‘Jack Anderson’s wife’. Okay I run to my room and pack a bag quickly while dialing Ross’ phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey Ross! Uh Sydney wanted me to tell you she’s staying at her friends the next few days. And I was wondering if you could tell mom I’m going to Titus’ the next few days?”

“Okay? Yeah I’ll tell her”

“Cool thanks”

“Uh wa—“ I cut him off and hang up, don’t want to accidently slip something, Ross might freak out, he is way too protective of her. I grab the keys to six and I start driving the six hour drive.

Hey guys! Leave some feedback of what you think so far in the story! Helps me get inspired! I love you all! <3