Won't Leave Without A Fight

Anorexia, bulimia, BDD which one could she have? No! Ross, no! Stop, Sydney doesn’t have an eating disorder!... but it would make sense… with all she’s been through, it’s not like I’m judging her, I mean I do lov—or uh I do think she is a really awesome person. Coward. Oh shit I forgot we are walking! I haven’t talked in forever; she probably thinks something is wrong!

“H—here, I brought you a banana…” I hold it out to her and she takes it.

“Thanks?” She observes the banana for a moment, she looks sick to her stomach “but no thanks, I’m not hungry”

“Sydney, please just eat it”

“But I’m not hungry Ross” She seems to be getting irritated.

“Just please. I need to see you eat something” I plead.

“W—what?” She stops walking and stares at me “Why do you need to see me eat something?” Shit… I ratted myself out, what do I do, oh god, I’m not good under pressure, unless it’s performing.

“Umm I uh, I grew that banana myself and I wanted to see if you liked it” That may have been the dumbest thing I’ve ever said.

“Ross…” She eyes me “Don’t lie to me”

“Never mind,” I snatch the banana back “I’ll eat it” I peel it and take a bite. “Damn this is a good banana, sure you don’t want a bite?” I raise an eyebrow and hold the banana out to her.

Sydney looks at the banana for a moment and then looks back up at me, she looks slightly pissed off so I let out an innocent smile.

“Ross, what is your deal?”

“Nothing! I just…” I hesitate

“You just? Uh I’m getting fed up, maybe I’ll JUST go home” She turns, and I start panicking. What do I do now? What should I say? Should I just let her go? No, I need to fix this but how?

“What’s the name of it?” I blurt out, out of impulsiveness. Or I could just make it ten times worse

“The name of what?” She questions, confused.

“Your eating disorder”

“My WHAT?”

“Don’t worry, you can tell me anything. I lov—I mean like you for who you are”

“Ross… I don’t have an eating disorder.”

“Sydney” I pause for a while “Now it’s your turn to tell the truth”

“I am… I do not have an eating disorder”

*Sydney POV*

“Then tell me, why is it you always skip breakfast? And whenever you do eat it is about the serving size of a toddler? I mean I know you’re short but Come On. And the other day when we had steaks you were in the bathroom for a good 15 minutes.” He lectures me in one long breath. I feel my face burning and a tear forming in the corner of my eye just thinking about it

-Flash Back-

I finished my steak and I immediately excused myself from the table and I headed to the bathroom. As I lock the door behind me I lower the toilet seat cover so I have a solid surface to sit on. My head immediately falls into my hands. Why is it that every time I eat a steak, no matter how it was cooked, it tastes exactly like dads. Why does it have to bring back all the amazing memories we had? My hands are now slick with my tears. The whole idea is so fantastic because I know I’ll never feel the same way again, I’ll never see my father again. Then, why is it that every time that feeling is over I have to experience this terrible relapse of withdrawal. I just… uh God, why can’t he still be here.