Going Into Earthquake After Shock

I stare at him with my lifeless eyes, as if to say ‘What more can you do to me?’

He drops his knife at the realization, leaving the tiniest cut.

“You’re right” my head snaps to look at him, my right eyebrow raises questioningly. “I’ve punished you enough over the years, I guess it’s time this all ends” Right now I’m just confused, I don’t know how to take his mercy, is he going to let me go and be happy with Ross? That is if I make it through these wounds he’s inflicted alive.

“So” he says clapping his bloody hands together, splashing some of my own blood on my face “I’m gunna kill ya” he smiles cheerfully and everything makes sense again. I’m not complaining since this is what I wanted. “Any last words?” he nudges me with the butt of his knife. How bout a little revenge. I nod my head and he rips the duct tape away from my mouth. As the stinging ceases I begin to speak.

“Derek…” I say, tired “You have made my life a living hell—“ I stare at the knife whose butt end is still facing me. “However, I don’t blame you for what’s going to happen next, I blame myself” I smirk and swing my entire body forward, plunging the knife deep into his abdomen.

“Fuck!” he screams, ripping it out and stabbing it into my thigh. I shriek, the first sound I’ve made all night, well I guess it’s day now.

“Sydney!” I hear from outside, that voice melts away my pain. That voice means he has found me, and Jameson is safe.

“Ross!” I yell and Derek frantically pushes the duct tape over my mouth. I hear a large thud against the door.

“I guess we will have to be quick about this” Derek says pulling the knife from my thigh “Here we go baby” he says right before plunging the knife right into my chest, I see the door smash down with Ross and Rocky on top of it, and everything dies.

*Ross POV*

As I get up I see her, hanging from the ceiling, bleeding from every corner of her body, and then I notice it, the knife stabbed deep into her chest, with Derek maniacally laughing beside her. She’s dead? But we just heard her, she said my name, the last thing she said was my name. Hold up. It’s my fault she is dead. If I hadn’t called her name he would have thought he had more time, because clearly he wasn’t on a schedule. I hear the emergency vehicles approaching, I guess I should get in this while I can. I have nothing to lose. My mind goes white as I run and tackle Derek. I punch him once, twice, three times. Until I see blood coming from his mouth.

“WHY!” I scream inches from his face tears streaming “SHE NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG!” he chuckles underneath me.

“Clearly you didn’t know her” that wins him some more punches in the jaw. One, two, three. I hesitate, He killed her. Then I’m caught in a rampage, dealing blow after blow, until I am ripped off his body by Rocky and Riker as the paramedics come in with the police. I see them go to help Derek.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING! HELP HER!” Rocky stops me.

“Its protocol to attend to the living first.” My heart stops and my eyes go wide, staring at him. I knew she was dead, but hearing someone else say it is a whole different ball game. Once they assess Derek has minimal injuries from my fist and one knife wound, one of them foes to Sydney feeling her wrist for a second.

“This one’s still alive!” He says hurriedly and the other emergency responders rush to her. I pull my arms away from the wall my brothers have me pinned to and stumble forward, trying to run to her.

“Let me go!” I yell at them “I need to help!” I break free but almost immediately Riker body checks me, pushing me down against the ground with his forearm against my chest, he points in my face.