This Love Won't Go Away

“Whoooo!” Jen leans against me with her arm around my neck “Le—Let’s just go! Let’s do it! Let’s ju—st go! You and me Sydney! If you want,--Ross can come too. Let’s go! Let’s just leave!” She hiccups out along with a burst of the smell of alcohol. I laugh at her.

“Go where?” I ask curiously since she had just randomly brought the idea up.

“Huh?” She replies confused.

“Go where?” I repeat slightly louder.

“OH!” She pauses for a second thinking about it “I don’t know—MINI GOLF?” She yells out.

“Sounds fun Jen, but I think it’s about time I head home”

“No! No, no,no ,no you don’t have to go home”

“Hey ladies what’s up?” Josh walks over to us.

“Jen and you are going minigolfing together” I reply mischievously.

“No! I don’t want to go with Josh!” Jennifer complains.

“Oh that makes me feel good about myself” Josh says sarcastically

“Well you are gunna have to go with Josh because I’m leaving”

“Uh… fine” She says and then turns her head to Josh “Ready to go bike riding?” She asks innocently. Josh’s face contorts to a totally confused look as he turns to me, and I crack up laughing. I turn away from them and walk over to the Lynches

“What’s so funny?” Ross asks curiously.

“Oh just Josh and Jen, Jen is totally hammered” I laugh. Ross grits his teeth for a moment but then forces out a smile.

“Well you ready to leave?”

“Yep!”

~~~

Last night after the after party I fell asleep right away, literally, we walked into the house and I collapsed on the couch. I just got up, and I’m walking up to my room right now to get ready for the day. I take a step into my room and see Rydel passed out on her bed and I catch my reflection in the mirror, I’m still in my long gown, still wearing Rydel’s jewelry, still in my heels, as I chuckle to myself I look over to my bedside and my heart stops and drops down to my stomach, tearing through my diaphragm.

What? I’m speechless, I walk over and grab my converse. I don’t say anything, I don’t do anything, besides walk out of the room and down the stairs, because I know exactly who is responsible for this. Once downstairs I glance at Riker and head for the front door.

“Syd, where are you going?” he asks, however I don’t answer. I just walk out and I walk to the park. I don’t think its hit me yet, seeing as I haven’t made a peep. I knew I couldn’t trust her. I hated her the moment I met her.

In a short period of time I reach the park, the first tree I see I go over and sit down, leaning my back against its trunk. I sit silently until it finally hits me, and I begin choking on my tears as I examine the shoes. It looks like she started off by writing all over them with a black sharpie, then she proceeded to cut up the canvas into shreds so they are barely attached to the sole, and lastly it looks like she lit fir to the rubber side bumpers until they melted into milky black blobs.

What kind of person does this? I don’t care if Rocky and she are dating, next time I see Jenny I’m telling that bitch off.

The tears are released from their ducts all at once and my vision is compromised. I wasn’t able to hold them back, but I didn’t expect myself to be able to. I cover my eyes with my palms as I cry. I never expected this to happen, what am I gunna do? As I sniffle I attempt to dry off my cheeks. A pair of feet catch my eye in front of me. It’s a boy a little older than me, olive-skinned, blue eyes, brown hair, and he is wearing a frown of sympathy on his face.