Don't Blink If You Think That I Might Bite Bite

I walk myself over to the gun case and I jiggle the handles. The doors immediately pop open, good thing my dad isn’t very responsible. I grab the first gun my eyes see, a blinding silver handgun, I should be able to handle this no problem I slip the ice cold gun between my waist band and my hip, I let out a tiny squeak because it’s so cold. A grin forms on my face as I grip the handle, it feels so right.

“I guess that means its time” I sinisterly smile as I walk out my door.

*Ross POV*

Right now we are at the recording studio, my parents just left and we are wrapping up right now.

Earlier today Sydney and Riker told us about something Jenny was doing. It turns out she was just using Rocky, because she was helping Derek. Just what we need, am I right? Anyway, Rocky immediately broke up with her—um via text—we don’t really want to risk anything, and does she really deserve a respectful break up? I think not.

I watch Sydney as she dances in her seat while listening to our music. She starts giggling as Rydel joins her little dance party.

Eventually she stands up and holds her hand out to Rydel, excitedly she grabs it and they begin dancing, instructing each other on each new move to do, I’ve never really seen Sydney dance before, the music just comes to her naturally. I space off for a moment until Sydney grabs my hand, smiling, and pulls me up to join them, soon enough everyone has joined in. A mix of all of our recorded songs play over the loud speaker, once ‘Say You’ll Stay’ comes over the speaker system Sydney pauses her dancing for a second and yells out while closing her eyes.

“Yes! This song is ama—“

BANG.

Delly lets out a small shriek.

“What was that?” Rocky asks looking around. We go over to the door and peer through the small rectangular window on it.

BANG.

We watch a security guard fall to the ground, next to another one. A girl wearing a hooded sweatshirt walks to him and slams her boot onto his chest, he begins waving his hands frantically, I guess he survived the first shot. We see the girl point a shining silver pistol at the man’s head.

BANG.

Sydney turns and buries her head into my chest. The girls head snaps up and looks straight at us. Jenny. She steps over the bodies on the ground and starts heading toward us. I push everyone away from the door.

“Turn the lights off—lock the door—call the police” I turn and look at the handle “Fuck there’s no lock!” I say angrily.

“Here—a chair” Rocky holds out a wooden chair to me, I prop it up against the door, under the handle. God I hope this holds. I flip the switch and run over to Sydney.

“Everyone hide” Riker whispers.

Silence.

Anxiously we wait for what feels like hours, however it was only seconds. I could hear everyone’s hearts pounding in their chests ‘Lub-dub Lub-dub’. I breathe out and in unsteadily.

“Do you think she’s gon—“ The handle starts jiggling uncontrollably, viciously, unforgivingly, but after some time it stops, looks like Rocky’s chair idea worked. We are safe—

BANG.

The glass in the tiny rectangular window shatters, a small fist punches through the remaining shards of glass in the frame. It reaches down to the handle and jiggles it furiously from the inside this time, she slams against the door in frustration.