If I Can't Be With You

Guys this update is pretty short! BUT you find out something kinda huge. Enjoy comment vote fan love me okay bye

-About a month later-

“What’d you do get in a fight?” Josh laughs, referring to my eye which is a dark purple color.

“No, I told you I ran into my door frame”

“I know I just like messing with you” he ruffles my hair “So how are you and Ross?” I sigh

“I-uh-we broke up, a while ago”

“Oh” Josh looks at me through the corner of his eye “he hated me didn’t he”

“You were in the top three” I laugh, thinking about the other two.

“Sydney to her dressing room” we hear over the intercom and I wave bye as I jog over there. They give me a bleach white hospital robe to wear then it’s off to make up. They add more bruises and cuts than I already have with the magic of makeup. For this scene I really just have to lay in bed, basically unconscious. I walk onto set.

“Okay for this scene ‘Johanna’ will be lying in bed while ‘Katniss’ walks by, having recently woken up” I go lay down in the bed and some stagers tuck me in the way they want the scene to look. The director looks at me, feeling his chin. “It looks kinda empty, let’s get an extra in there” He walks away to where I assume we have our on hold extras. A few minutes later I hear the extra walk up next to me so I turn to face him. I summarily start sweating under the blanket and not only are my palms soaked but my arms are getting sweaty at the site of Ross as my extra.

“What the hell are you doing here” I say through gritted teeth.

“Acting” He strikes a sarcastic pose, pretending to be oblivious. I grab him by the collar and pull his face down to mine.

“Listen here

Ross you can’t—“ I begin saying angrily.

“Sydney!” the director yells, I slightly loosen my grip my grip and look up at him “What in the world are you doing?!” I look at my hand, to Ross’ face, which is smirking, to the director.

“Yeah Sydney what are you doing?” Ross repeats rhetorically as he laughs under his breath.

“Shut up” I whisper to him “Oh uh—just getting into character!” I yell to the director nervously letting go of his collar.

-After a day’s work-

“Okay try this one” I giggle as I throw the grape off my lamp, it bounces off the wall and straight into Ross’ mouth. He jars his teeth revealing the grape trapped between the top and bottom. “Hahahahha no you didn’t! How!”

“Because I’m perfect, remember?”

“Oh yeah, I remember. So have you found that perfect girl?” I say glumly.

“What do you think?” he asks somewhat rhetorically. No. I think, “Yes I have,” he finishes his thought and my heart cracks. I want to run away, and go cry, but I can’t that’s hypocritical. I am the one that wanted him to get over me, but if he found this girl why the hell did he come here? Maybe it was just because he is acting, it’s all for his career. Also like I told him, to focus on his career. I sigh.

“Oh, are you guys dating?” I say choking slightly.

“No,” My heart settles “She is making it near impossible for me to see her, and she started dating her asshole ex again” oh fuck, I should’ve known he was talking about me. And now I’m mad that he isn’t over me. Do you see my dilemma?

“Maybe she didn’t have a choice” Ross quickly looks up from his criss crossed legs in question as I look down at mine.

“Why do you think she didn’t have a choice?” Ross scoots closer to me on the couch. I breathe heavily.

“Maybe she isn’t ready to talk about it, maybe she will never be ready, because she know she can’t change it, or because she doesn’t want to have to think about it. Even though it’s the first thing she thinks of when she wakes up every morning and the last thing she thinks of when she goes to bed”

“Does she know she can tell me anything?”

“But she can’t” I say uncrossing my legs and standing up. “I have to go. Bye Ross” I say as I run my fingers through his hair when I walk by. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Does she want a ride home?” he is still going with the whole third person thing, I just laugh him off as I leave. As I walk down the street to the bus stop I think about what we were talking about. There’s a reason why I never made too many friends down here, or even got close to anyone. It’s because I didn’t want what happened to my father to happen to anyone else. I didn’t take my father’s death hard only because we were best friends and he was the only person I loved. I feel like if that was the case I would’ve made my peace with it by now. The reason its so hard for me to even think about is because it’s my fault. I mentioned to the Lynches that I had seen who killed my father on those cameras, I never told them that I knew the person who did it. It was Derek, he was a minor at the time and pleaded insanity. He had to go to two months in an, well although it isn’t politically correct, he went to an insane asylum. And that’s when he came down to LA looking for me, back then I didn’t care about anyone anymore, only myself. Which is why I got back together with him, I was afraid he’d kill me. Now that isn’t the case, because now I care about the Lynches, Ross more specifically. But how exactly was his death my fault? Well I broke up with Derek a week before, I broke up with him by telling him that ‘My father doesn’t want me to date you’ to this day that’s the dumbest thing I have ever said.

I snap from my recap and I get onto the bus.