Never Will I Let You Go

Sydney, Sydney, Sydney.

“GOD!!” I swipe my body across the table, papers go flying and I spill my drink. Why is she all I can ever think about?! I drop myself in my chair fitting into the same role as this dark room. Depression. I look down at the papers I threw on the ground, every once in a while there is a picture of her mixed in the pile, I never actually took pictures of her, but these were Jeff’s and he gave them to me. I pick up the photos, her smile it is so bright, and happy. I’ve never seen her smile like that… well maybe when we first started dating. It just got out of hand, I got out of hand. I need her, I want her back, and I’ll do whatever I have to to get her back, anything. I begin to walk out of the room when something catches my eye. I turn back and pick up the newspaper.  I read it out loud.

“Ross Lynch’s New Flame…” I look down at the picture, it… it’s her, there! There she is! But wait that guy next to her, wait THAT’s Ross Lynch. Hold up that’s the same guy from her apartment!

“They’re dating!” I yell out, slamming my fist on the table. “SHE”S MINE!” I scream ripping up the paper “MINE, MINE, MINE!” I throw the paper on the ground and storm out of the room to the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror. My freckle ridden face, pitch black hair, I pull at my locks when an idea falls upon me. I grab my wallet and run down the hall to the front room. Jeff is sitting in there watching TV.

“I’ll be at the store” I say rushing to the door

“Pick up some dinner Derek”

*Ross POV*

I knew her father was dead… but murdered? On her birthday? In her restaurant? It’s been three days since the doctor; my mom is the only other person who knows about Sydney’s problem besides me, well to my knowledge. We kinda had to tell mom seeing as she cooks what we eat. Today we decided on having a much needed break at the beach.

I’m getting ready right now actually. I walk to the bathroom to get a beach towel. To my pleasure I find Sydney in the bathroom rummaging under the sink… bending over… in her bathing suit. I think back to when I was in her apartment, I know what it looks like… I can pretty much picture it right now, I mean it’s not as good as the real thing but its pretty close. I am literally snapped out of my private world by Sydney’s fingers, I blink a few times noticing my reflection in the mirror, the smile on my face is huge, I quickly rid of it and look back at Sydney.

“What were you thinking about?”

“Wha—uh—hm—I, uh—um nothing!” I say smoothly scratching my neck.

“Ross…” She stares in my eyes, trying to look into my soul. Away with the demon! This is my fortress! You may not enter!

“Hmm?” I ask raising my eyebrow. That’s right Ross, play it cool. She eyes me for a moment until her eyes grow wide.

“You’re not thinking about what I think you’re thinking about are you?!” She spits out speedily.

“No?” I question innocently, wait! No isn’t a question! My cover is blown! And to think I was doing so well at hiding it!

“We swore to never talk about it again!”

“I wasn’t talking about it!” I wave my hands in front of myself frantically

“But you were thinking about it!” She points at my face. Well she has got you there Ross, hmm how do you fix this, oh I know! Spin it back around on her!

“Why were you snooping through the bathroom?” I sleuth.

“I was looking for the sunscreen” She says frankly. Damn that’s a good excuse, I turn to my right and open a cabinet above my head snagging the sunscreen, I hand it to her and leave the room. Haha! She forgot! She totally for—