I'll Be Right Here For You My Dear, Always

Gone.

My heart is gone.

The Love of my life is gone.

My life is gone.

CLICK.

Huh? What? I look up and see Sydney looking at Jenny with a questioning look, Jenny is slamming the magazine of the gun while cussing, she brings it back to Sydney’s head. “You’re dead for sure now!” Click “What the fuck?!” Jenny stares at the gun. Viciously she starts pulling the trigger. Click, click, click, click, click. A smile grows on Sydney’s face as she seizes the gun from her hands. Jenny looks up at Sydney slowly and then lets out a small nervous laugh while shrugging. Sydney chuckles back and Jenny relaxes. Quickly without warning Sydney clenches her fist cocks her arm and then propels it into Jenny’s face.

“Oh woah! No!” I yell.

“Shit”

“Holy crap”

“Yes!” Rocky calls out and we all stare at him. “Oh I mean, that’s just terrible.”

“Sydney, you could be charged with assault!” Riker says walking up to her and gently grasping her wrists.

“That’s when we say it was self-defense” she winks and lightly kisses Riker’s forehead, Wait what, Riker smiles at her response, or at least it better be at her response.

“Conniving!” he calls out laughing, I join in laughing as I separate the two and hug Sydney.

“I’m so happy you are okay” I say while kissing her.

“I Love you Ross” she smiles faintly and I’m sure something is wrong, I guess we will talk about it later. The door slams open interrupting my thoughts.

“LAPD! Put your hands up!” all of our arms shoot to the sky, except Jenny’s, who is still unconscious.

“It’s her” I say blankly, pointing down. They quickly grab hold of her and cuff her. They walk over to us.

“Is anyone hurt?” A tall muscular bald cop with an ID badge that says Ratto asks.

“None of us, I can’t say the same for security officer Ratto, we were lucky” Sydney says.

“I presume this is the weapon?” Officer Ratto asks while picking up the gun on the ground. He starts inspecting it.

“Yes, it’s not loaded, she ran out of ammo” She says again.

“Okay Sydney, you have my number if you need anything else” He smiles.

“Later Steve” she says and the officers vacate the area.

“What?! You know him too?” I ask surprised.

“Let’s just all assume I know every emergency responder in this part of LA.” She says sassily. I hate thinking that that is true… but it probably is.

“I think we should head home” I say sulkily as I walk out of the room. Good the security guards are already gone. I didn’t want to have to deal with seeing them lay there, it would all be too real then. If I don’t see it, it’s not true. I head out to the car.

*Sydney POV*

I don’t know if I will ever tell them the truth. That having a gun held against my head used to be part of my daily routine. I guess you could say that when I was with Derek beatings weren’t the only thing he dealt out. He’s done a lot worse things, to people I Love. Which is another reason I had to move down here. I had to move away from that small town where everyone was so close nit, because what else might he do after what he’d done? He could do anything after he—