Chp 13-ATVs

Louis' POV

I wake up snuggled against Niall's warm body. I instantly remember the events from earlier today. Poor Nialler. I wonder how he's feeling...?

He shifts in his sleep and let's out a pained groan. I place my hand on the good side of his face and whisper, "Wake up, Ni."

A small smile pulls at his lips and he flutters his eyes open. "Lou..."

I hug him, breathing in his rich lavender scent.

"...my face hurts."

I hug him again and say, "Well you did get punched in the face."

He laughs slightly. "Yeah, I did."

"I'm sorry, Ni." I lay back on the bed.

"It wasn't even your fault though," he smiles.

"I know," I let out a breath and look at him. His face is innocent and young. That's one of the things about him that I'm jealous of: his carefree attitude. I mean he just got punched in the face and he hardly even cares.

"I have to find Colby," he declares.

"I already told you no."

"I know. But I don't care, Lou. He needs me."

"It's too dangerous, Ni. Did you forget that his father is the one that did this to you?" I caress his bruised face lightly.

"Then think about what he does to Colby," his look challenges me. I back down as I think about it. I realize where he's coming from.

"Just be careful," I say.

"I will," he smiles cheekily before snuggling into my arms.

I was just drifting back to sleep when the door swings open and Zayn says loudly, "Time to get up!"

I groan and Niall mumbles, "Go away."

"Not a morning person, I see."

"Well, if you got punched in the face, you wouldn't be either," Niall snaps, annoyed.

"Oh yeah, Niall, how's your face?" Zayn seems to have remembered why Niall's cranky.

"It hurts," he mutters and nuzzles into me.

"Well it's killing me!" Zayn laughs at his cheesy joke.

"Not funny," I scold him, despite my smile.

He shrugs. "Can't say I didn't try."

I begin to play with Niall's messy bed hair and Zayn says, "Well wake up soon and Niall can have some aspirin to help with the pain. And breakfast'll be ready soon." With that he spins on his heel and exits the room.

Niall didn't hear the breakfast part because he's already passed out. He must be so exhausted. Poor lad...

***

Two hours later, I wake up again and glance at the clock. It reads 1:30 pm. Man, where did the time go?

Niall stirs and mumbles something in his sleep. He grips the covers lightly and then rolls back over to face me, a calm smile on his lips.

"Hi, Louis," his smile brightens once his eyes open and land on me.

"Hey, Niall. Ready to get up? I smell food!" I say, knowing he won't refuse the offer.

"Yeah!" he exclaims and hurriedly runs to the door, in only boxers.

"Watch your head!" I warn and follow behind him, though not as fast.