Chp 21-The Morning After

Ok, so I log on to wattpad and I see I have over 5500 reads on Swapping Spit!!!! What the flapping crap?!? That's amazing!!! I was soooooooooo shocked! Thank you so much :D here's the next chapter! Gahhh I hope you like it-

-----

Liam's POV

I glance at my wrist watch and am shocked at how late we've managed to stay here. It's already past 2 in the morning. No wonder I feel so tired...and I didn't even drink much. I look over to Zayn, sat on the barstool beside me, falling asleep.

I nudge him. "I think it's time we headed back?"

He nods sleepily and drunkenly. "I'm tired," he slurs.

"Stay here, I'll find the mums," I tell him with a pat on his shoulder.

I walk around, searching through the still thick crowd and finally spot Anne.

"Anne!" I call and jog over to her. It's only Maura and her, the other mums must be somewhere else.

"Hey, Liam! We were just about to go grab you lads. It's about time to go, yeah?"

"That's why I was looking for you!"

"Okay, you find the rest of the lads and I'll get the mums."

I nod curtly with a smile and shoot a text out to Niall, Harry, and Louis, telling them to meet up at the front doors.

I return to Zayn making out with his beer bottle. I shudder and pull a face of disgust before laughing and prying it from his grip.

He pouts and I say, "No more, Zaynie. Let's go home, okay?"

He nods and says, "Okay Lili!" I half-carry half-drag him to the meeting spot.

Tricia laughs at the sight of her hammered son, almost slouched on the floor. Niall and Harry are being held up as well.

Everyone is here except Louis.

"Where's Louis?" Anne asks. I shrug.

"I texted him that we are leaving."

"Maybe he's getting lucky..." Zayn giggles.

Louis' mum blushes and says, "He'll probably be back in the morning. I wouldn't worry too much."

"Ok, then are we all set to go?" I ask, and the mums nod.

I can't help but notice Niall's face drop as we speak of Louis getting laid with a girl. But in his Irish, drunken state, it doesn't surprise me that he'd experience mood swings, so I don't think more into it.

I take Zayn, Anne takes Harry, and Maura takes Niall. Once loaded into the vans, we take off for home.

***

Niall's POV

I wake up and open my eyes, immediately squeezing them back shut from the blaring sunlight peeping through the window. A searing headache rattles my head and I hold a hand up to my forehead.

"Ouch..." I mutter.

I don't remember much from last night...only some heated things Louis and I did. A smile tugs on my lips as I fuzzily recall the rough bathroom make out and...the handjob he gave me. Just the thought of it gets me off again. Jeez, calm down, I scold myself. I don't remember how it ended though, which is wierd because usually the end is the best part. At least with a girl it is, I haven't done anything like that with a guy before...but as drunk as I was with Louis, it felt amazing.

Maybe Louis knows how it ended, or maybe he doesn't even remember. That would be the end of me, I don't know how I could live knowing what we did without him remembering.

I groan as my head pounds with each beat of my heart. Slowly, I force myself up to a sitting position, swing my legs over the edge of the bed, and stand up. I walk weakly into the bathroom inbetween the two bedrooms.

After washing my face with cool tap water and brushing the stale taste of alcohol off my breath, I head downstairs and find the rest of the lads lounging around.

"Hey, Nialler. How'd you sleep?" Liam asks with a warm smile.

"Okay," I try to say lightly but it comes out sounding like a whine.

"Hungover, too?" Zayn smirks from his laying position on the couch.

I slowly nod, careful not to cause any more pain to my head. Harry is passed out on the other couch, his head in Liam's lap and a sick bucket beside them.

I motion towards Harry, "Is he alright?"

Liam smiles softly. "Yeah, he's been sick a couple times."

I frown. "Oh."

"You lads need to learn how to drink responsibly," Liam scolds.

I look at Zayn and we both say, "Nah."

Liam laughs and I do too but stop because it hurts my head. I pick up Zayn's legs and sit beneath them on the couch. I massage my head and groan in pain.

"So, what even happened last night?" I venture.

Zayn shrugs, "You're guess is as good as mine."

"I was mostly hanging with Zayn, a bit with Harry. We just chatted up random girls and pretty much had a good time. I don't know where you and Louis were, though," Liam explains.

I blush but cover it up with a shrug. "We were probably pulling pranks or something," I smirk.

"Of course," Liam shakes his head.

"Speaking of Louis...where is he?" I ask, suddenly aware of his absence.

"We weren't sure if-" Liam begins but is cut off as Harry wakes abruptly, leans sideways, and throws up into the bucket.

Liam rubs his back and holds his curly locks out of his face. Harry clutches his stomach, continuing to throw up his guts.

Zayn turns his head and says, "I'm going to be sick if I look."

I chuckle at him just as Anne and my mum walk into the living room. Anne sees the state of her son and frowns, "He's sick again?"

Liam nods. "Three times already."

Anne kneels at her son's side and holds his hair. She mutters comforting words and everyone is hushed.

Once he's stopped, he mumbles weakly, "I don't feel good, mum."

"I know baby, let's get you back to bed."

Harry reluctantly nods and lets his mum half carry half lead him upstairs. Poor thing. At least I can hold my drink.

"Would you lot like breakfast?" My mum calls from the kitchen.

"Even though it's far past noon!" Tricia adds.

"Sure, thanks!" Liam answers for us then picks up, "We weren't sure if Louis went home with someone...he wasn't there when we left..."

"What?" I'm not sure I understand correctly.

"He went home with someone else."

"Well who?" I ask, blood rising to my cheeks.

"A...girl?" Liam squeaks, embarrassed to say it.

"Oh," is all I can manage to say. I feel jealousy stab my heart and tear it to pieces. After all that we had done last night, all that lust building up until we were drunk enough to act upon our feelings, he went home with some random-ass bitch. I geuss that answers my question: he hated it. He hates me.

The corners of my eyes begin to tingle and I quickly get up off the couch and hurry off to my bedroom. The lads look after me in confusion, but I don't care. I just need to get out.

I stuff my phone in my pocket, and grab my ray-ban shades before storming down the stairs and out the back door to the beach.

Immediately, a sharp wind jabs against me, knocking me off balance. I pace down the beach, staring out at the ocean. The water is dark blue, churning with angry waves to match my mood. The horizon is lined with storm clouds and the occasional lightning strike. I know it's dangerous out here but I don't care.

I keep a steady stride parallel to the water, breathing deeply, getting worked up.

I can't believe Louis would do that to me! He used me, that player. He led me on, lifted me high, and then smashed me to the floor for a girl. I knew he was hesitant of the fact that we were both guys, but HE was the one that gave ME the handjob. HE was the one that led ME to the toilets to make out. It was all a lie. All a little game for him. It didn't mean anything.

And then the first tear falls down my cheek. I swipe it away, so no one can see it but the beach is deserted anyways. So I think, ah fuck it, and let the tears pour out. I look over the water and my hands grip my hair, not knowing how to express this pain. I feel like such a hormonal girl right now. A weak, fragile twig.

Fans always say that I'm the innocent one. The nice one that doesn't deserve anything bad. I've always wanted to prove myself that I'm stronger than that, but I guess they're right. One simple let down and I'm running away, having a crying fit.

Suddenly, I feel a vibration in my pocket. I pull my phone out and what do you know, it's a call from none other than Louis Tomlinson.

"Speak of the devil," I mutter. My thumb hovers over the answer button, hesitantly.

Without thinking more of it, I hit ignore and stuff my phone back into my pocket. I don't want to talk to him, especially after he just slept with a girl.

I swipe my eyes again and my throat is raw and burns. I'm hiccuping now, no more tears left to shed.

My phone buzzes again. I pull it out and it's Louis. He's always been a persistent caller.

My stomach twists and I suddenly feel uneasy. I have no idea why, maybe it's the fact that I'm walking down the beach in the middle of a brewing thunderstorm. Or maybe because the wind just picked up drastically and the sky is almost black.

Whatever it was causing my uneasiness, it caused me to answer the phone the third time it rang. And that was the best decision in my life.

"Niall..." Louis' voice is weak and crackly.

"Louis? What is it?" I immediately sense something wrong.

"A man...I'm in his car-" the phone breaks off. My heart lurches at the loss of our only connection.

But it comes back, "He took me, I don't know where we're going." Muffled voices and sounds register from the background and I strain to hear something that makes sense.

"Louis!?" I call loudly. "Louis!"

"Hmph-nhu...hll-"

I wait for something, anything.

"Help me!!" He pleads before the line goes dead, but not before he lets out a bone chilling scream that causes the hair down my spine to prick up.

I almost drop the phone as I remember what happened last night. The man that took him was in all black, Louis had thought it was Liam, but I was yelling at him that it wasn't. I guess I must have passed out and not remembered that someone took Louis...

"Oh fuck!" I hiss before sprinting back to the house just as a torrential downpour starts.