Chp 5-One Awkward Dinner

Liam's POV

Louis and Niall get back just in time for dinner. Zayn, Harry and I had just sat down at the table with plates full of my cooking, when they barge through the door.

"WE'RE HOME!" I hear Louis scream from the back door.

I get up to greet them and find one shirtless, very sunburnt Niall.

"Oh, Niall, you're sunburnt!" I say.

I place a hand on his bare skin and he whinces. His skin is boiling hot.

Louis says, shocked, "Niall, why didn't you tell me?"

Niall looks sheepish. "Sorry, Louis. I didn't want to ruin our day." He looks down and scoffs his feet.

I smile but still scold them. "Next time make sure to wear sunscreen."

"Sorry, Liam. I didn't mean for him to get burnt," Louis frowns.

"It's ok. Why don't you go rub some aloe on his burn, and meet us for dinner."

"Dinner!" Niall exclaims.

As they head upstairs to the bathroom I rejoin Harry and Zayn at dinner. Twenty minutes later Louis and Niall sit down as well, looking quite nervous and Niall blushing profusely.

I raise an eyebrow questioningly at Louis who quickly darts his eyes away from me. Ok, something's not right. But I don't think now would be the right time to talk because whenever Louis has something bothering him he usually comes to me first. I decide to avoid the topic for now and continue to eat the delicious meal I made.

Louis' POV (Flashback)

After rumaging around in the bathroom cupboard, I finally find the aloe. I look at Niall's bare back and shoulders and they're beat red.

"I'm sorry Niall."

"Why? It's not your fault," he smiles.

"I should have noticed," I argue as I squeeze some aloe into the palm of my hand.

"I should have told you I was getting sunburned. It's fine."

"Okay," I sigh. I begin to rub the lotion on his back.

"I had a fun time today, though," he says.

"Me too. Thanks for teaching me how to bowl."

"No problem. It wa..." his voice drifts off sleepily as I continue to massage the aloe into his back.

"Niall?"

"Huh?"

"Am I hurting you?"

"No..." he says lazily and closes his eyes.

"Does this feel good?" I smirk and squeeze his shoulders.

He nods.

I laugh and finish his shoulders then turn him around to get his chest and arms.

As I rub his arms, he suddenly leans close to me. His forehead presses against mine and his sea blue eyes fill with...lust? Did I see that right? Maybe all the sun was getting to my head. Suddenly he leans his head closer and I can feel his breath tickling my neck.

"Ni..." I whisper, my voice failing.

Is he going to kiss me? I think to myself. Then, I just stop thinking as passion overcomes rationalization. I close my eyes and lean forward. His lips brush against mine softly, sending sparks across my chest.