Chp 25-Granola Bars

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGGGGGGGGGG! OVER 10,000 READS!! That's incredible! Thank you all do much! Gahhh I'm so happy and proud :D here's a chapter to celebrate! And thanks for 215 votes also!...actually up to freaking 230!!!

-----

Recap:

Harry's POV

"I had only been gone for a half hour, but I got a call from the police station. A million possibilities of what might have happened went through my mind, but when I answered it, it was nothing like what I guessed."
"Richard, h-he had tried...to," her voice drops into a whisper. "He tried to rape my girls."

---

The words that slipped from her mouth echo through my head. He tried to rape Louis' sisters. Half sisters and one sister at that.

My stomach twists in disgust at this man I don't even know, only know of.

"That son of a bitch," I spit.

Johannah nods, a few tears trickling down her cheeks. She slowly sits on the curb, burying her head in her hands. I sit beside her and pull her close. She cries into my embrace.

I don't know what to say to her. I can't actually say I know how it feels, I can't say it'll be ok, I can't say Richard got what he deserved in jail. So I provide her with comfort and support.

Her sobs die down slightly, and she chokes out more of the story. "Louis had called the police on him. He's so protective of his sisters." She smiles through the pain.

"They took Richard away, locked him up until his trial. My babies were safe, just a bit scared. All thanks to Louis."

Pride flows through me at what Louis did. He saved his sisters. "Lou would do anything for his sisters."

Her smile fades. "Which is exactly what he had to do. Richard had a powerful lawyer who threatened to press charges on the police if they held him over 24 hours. The trial date was set for the next week. So he was let out to roam the streets until the trial. Louis found out about this and flipped shit."

"I can imagine. I mean, how could he not?"

She continues, "At first, he stormed up to his room and completely trashed it out of rage. I could hear the crashes and bangs from downstairs. Then it got quiet and I went up and found him crying in the middle of the floor. He was so pissed at Richard. So he snuck out the next night to pay him a visit."

"Uh oh."

She shrugs. "I don't really know what happened that night. But it was bad. There was a nasty thunderstorm and Louis didnt come home until early the next morning. He was dirty and bloody and hurt and just a mess. I was scared to death. He wouldn't tell me what happened. Still to this day."

"Is that why he has nightmares?" a voice says quietly behind us.
We whip around to see Niall leant against the doorframe. Uh oh.

She nods and answers him cautiously, "Yeah. H-how much did you hear?"

"Enough." He walks over and sits beside me. "I had no idea. Louis sure takes it like a champ," he says.

"He's so strong. I don't know how he does it," Johannah shakes her head.

Niall says solemnly, "That man, Richard, is the guy who took Louis."

"Yeah."

"Does John know?"

"I told him everything I told you."
Niall then asks, "Is that why Louis is afraid of thunderstorms?"

Johannah nods. "Yeah, I suppose so. I just wish I knew what happened that night." She sighs.

"That's for Louis to tell us," I say quietly.

An almost peaceful silence lingers over us. Finally, I understand the whole story, not just pieces...except what happened that night.

"Well, is everyone done eating?" I ask Niall.

"Yeah, probably by now."

"Let's go find that son of a bitch."

***

Louis' POV

"Owwww," I whine as I slowly wake up to a throbbing pain in my face. I try to sit up but a spell of dizziness knocks me back down. Cautiously, my hand touches me face. I gasp and pull it away. It's swollen and puffy and burning.

I vaguely remember being punched in the face, and I must just be waking up. "Richard?" I call.

"Ah, you're alive." A deep cackle echoes through his chest.

"No shit," I spit out.

He simply hums and focuses on the road as he drives. I huff and sit up slowly, carefully.

It's pitch black outside but the small bit of light from street lamps casts eerie shadows over the highway. Yep, we're still on the highway.

"Where are we going?" I ask bluntly.

"Oh, wouldn't you like to know." He smirks.

"Yes, that's why I asked you."

"Well, I'm not gonna tell you." His carelessness annoys me.

"Why not?" I can feel my anger slowly building.

"Because it's a surprise!" He pulls a sickening look of fake excitement.

"I don't like surprises." I cross my arms over my chest.

"I don't care."

"I know you don't care. You don't care about anything-not me, not my mom." I take a well-needed breath. "Not my sisters," I hiss with as much venom as I could muster.

He looks back at me through the rear view mirror. "How dare you say that abou-"

"NO! How dare you TRY TO RAPE MY SISTERS!" I scream, clawing at my skin as the memories flood back.

His smirk fades.

"You had no right. NO RIGHT TO TRY THAT! THEY TRUSTED YOU AND YOU TRIED TO FUCKING RAPE THEM!" My voice breaks. Tears of hatred and disgust burn my eyes.

Richard's eyes stare into mine through the rear biew mirror with pure loath. My heart quickens in my chest but I refuse to break away first. He scoffs and looks back to the road. He thinks he can get off the hook just like that. I'm not done with him yet.

"Why'd you do it?" I struggle to keep my voice controlled.

He's silent. So I repeat myself slowly, "Why did you do it?"

"Do what?" he asks dumbly.

I cough. "Where should I start? Why'd you date my mum, why'd you break her trust, why'd you never like me, why'd you try to rape them..." My voice trails off. "The list goes on and on, Richard."

He frowns, having a mental debate with himself. Then he speaks, "I'll tell you one thing. Your sisters are the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. I just wanted to touch them so bad." He sighs. "It's a shame they never got to return the favor."

"You're disgusting." I don't understand how he could think like that, he's must be messed up in the head.

Shivers trail down my back as I replay what he said. His twisted words cause my stomach to churn sickly.

I lean my head back against the seat trying to distract my thoughts, but to no avail. If anything, my stomach gradually hurts worse to the point that I actually feel like throwing up. At first I thought I felt sick from Richard's disturbing words, but I'm beginning to doubt that cause.

I rub a hand over my face, careful of the bruise, and huff.

I decide to wait it out and see if my stomach calms down. I stare out the window and notice its completely pitch black.

Suddenly, my stomach lets out a low growl. Maybe that's why it hurts. I look to the radio clock on the dashboard which reads 11:36. After some quick mental math, I figure it's been roughly 33 hours since Richard took me. No wonder I'm so hungry!

"Got any food?" I ask Richard. I don't think he'd give me any but it's worth a shot.

"Yeah," he reaches below his seat and soon hands back a granola bar.

I don't bother saying thanks. I am actually bewildered that he'd willingly give me something to eat. First, I inspect the wrapper for any possible poison or harm. Then, I open it and inspect the bar. Then finally, when it seems fine, I ask, "You're just giving me food?"

Richard shrugs. It occurs to me that he has the power to at any given moment, kill me right then and there. So why hasn't he?
"Is there something wrong with this?" I test him again.

"No, you're hungry so I'll feed you. I can't have you weak."
My stomach lurches at that. He can't have me weak. What the hell does he mean? Gruesome possibilities run through my brain, but no answers present themselves so I think, ah fuck it, and take a bite.

I force myself to finish the granola bar because I need to keep my energy up, just incase. I hope the lads are looking for me...they're my only hope at this point.

-----

Next chapter at 260 votes!! Thanks again for 10,000 reads!