Chp 31-Google

WARNING: there is strong language and graphic scenes in the following chapter. Read at your own risk...

Louis' POV

Richard rips my shirt off my body with a single tug. His strength doesn't cease to amaze me. My bear back is now exposed and the chilly air causes goosebumps to rise on my skin.

Richard's arm swings back, holding the whip, and I instinctively turn away. The sharp leather licks my skin and causes searing pain to course through my body.

"Ahhhhhhh!" I let out a bloodcurdling scream that bubbles from deep inside of me.

The whip pierces my skin again. SNAP.

"Ahhhh!" I hiss. Hot tears collect at the corners of my eyes and trickle down my cheeks as I contort my face in pain.

SNAP.

"Fuuuuuuuuck!" I yell. My body collapses into a protective ball as I am whipped again. SNAP.

"Please stop," I beg. I taste the salt of my tears on my tongue.

SNAP.

"You're a fag. You're a fucking cunt!" Richard scolds. SNAP. The leather splits open my skin again.

"You should be ashamed of yourself!" SNAP.

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" I curse.

"Having sex with other males is a sin!" SNAP.

"You are going to Hell! God doesn't want filthy cunts like you!"

His insults jab me straight in the heart. All of my fears because I am gay are brought back to life with Richard's reminders. I cover my ears with my hands to block out his shameful words.

"Please God, forgive me!" I plead. Sobs take over my numb body and I violently shake.

He whips me again with massive force. It knocks me to the wall. My fingers curl into tight balls against the cool metal as I fight to stay conscious.

Another lick of the leather against my ripped flesh causes my eyes to roll back and my body to crumble to the ground. I loose consciousness and slip into a black, empty state of mind.

---

When I come to, I'm knocked back by a tidal wave of pain. It feels like millions of daggers are being thrusted into my back, twisted, and ripped out.

I hear a low moan coming from the back of someone's throat. It escalates into a loud scream of agony. I soon realize that it's me making that dreadful sound and I weakly clamp a hand over my mouth.

Fresh tears prick my eyes and don't have the energy to blink them away. They trickle down my cheeks, and drip onto my bare stomach. I look down at my skin. The front of me has only slight bruising. But the back...I can see the blood puddling below me.

I know that no one deserves this kind of punishment, so brutal and painful. But I can't help but listen to what Richard said as it repeats in my head. Maybe this is God's punishment for my being gay.

I used to go to church when I was younger and my pastor said how being gay is a sin because God didn't create us to be like that. I stopped going to church when my mom's marriage with Mark, my stepfather, went south. He had been more of a dad to me than my biological father.

Mark had such a positive influence on our family. He was kind and caring to my sisters, giving endless amounts of gifts and kisses. He took care of my mum, and always showed his love for her. He took us all to church. So when he disappeared, so did my church-going.

I wish I had continued going to church. I often find myself wondering how my life would be different if I had grown closer to God, instead of away.

Maybe God would forgive me for being gay if I had gone to church.

---

Niall's POV

I wake abruptly to a new, unsettling thought. Now that I know more about the man from the park who punched me, maybe I can locate Colby!

I whip out my iPhone and am grateful for the 92% battery left. Into google, I type "Richard rape case 2007." It's vague but I don't know his last name or anything more.

Multiple hits load but there's only a few that make sense. The third one on google reads "Richard Jackson Convicted of Attempted Rape." I click it.

A newspaper article pops up and I skim it quickly. My eyes instantly dart to a familiar name: Tomlinson. I proceed to read the article, knowing it'll provide me with the information I need. It reads as follows:

"Richard Jackson Convicted of Attempted Rape

Richard Jackson was accused of attempting to rape the four daughters of Johanna Tomlinson and Mark Tomlinson, and daughter of Johanna Tomlinson and Troy Austin. He came onto them when their mum left the house, trusting them together. Saving his sister and stepsisters was big brother Louis Tomlinson. He intervened and called 911 before Jackson could touch the girls in any inappropriate ways. After his trial, Jackson was proven guilty and is sentenced six years in jail."

The article knows nothing about Louis' run in with Richard after his arrest and before his trial. That's what I want to know about. That and Colby.

I arrow back to the search page and continue scrolling for another article. After a solid twenty minutes, I give that up and exit out to google something else. But I accidentally click on recent news and the top article reads "Kidnapping at Adoption Agency Linked to Past Rape Convict." Bingo.

This one reads:

"A recent kidnapping at San Diego Adoption Center (SDAC) is thought to be linked to a man involved in an attempted rape of five young girls in 2007. This man, Richard Jackson, had earned six years in jail for attempted rape, but due to positive behavior and good results, was released two years earlier. On February 13, 2013 there was a reported kidnapping of two children from SDAC. The names of the kidnapped are Colby White and Lilly Sander. The police are currently searching for the two children, as well as Jackson. They think that Jackson is in hiding under a different name, or working with an accomplice."

That's the information I'm looking for! So Colby was in the adoption agency and was kidnapped, as was a little girl. But he seemed content at calling Richard "daddy". And he mentioned a mum...could Richard have a girlfriend or a wife? Colby also asked if his dad had left him again when he couldn't find him in the park. Richard must not be a very good father if he leaves his "kids" alone somewhere.

I sigh of relief and stress. This article helped me understand the situation a lot but now it's left me with even more questions.

Liam glances my way. "Are you okay, Niall?"

I shrug. "I'm-"

"You're not gonna be sick again, are you?" Liam interrupts.

"No!" I shake my head for emphasis. "I'm trying to find more information about Colby."

"The kid you met in the park? Who's dad punched you?"

I nod, continuing to scroll through google. I tell Liam about the articles I had read. He seems mind boggled, just like me.

"I'll help, too." He takes out his phone and starts to search google for information.

With two of us searching, maybe we can find the crucial information we need before it's too late.

-----

Author's note!

Soooo another chapter! What did you think of it? The beginning makes me so sad :,( poor Louis! A lot of you commented asking for a quick update so I really worked hard to update quicker than usual! I hope it was worth it! Please comment what you thought of it, and vote please!