Chp 34-Shock

I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR OVER 50K READS! THAT'S ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! THANK YOU!

-----

Niall's POV

The wail of sirens slowly registers through my brain, vaguely reminding me of where I am. I'm still sat by Louis' side, holding his hand.

"Louis, help is here for you. They're going to take good care of you," I say to him, unsure if he can hear me. I can't hear myself maybe I didn't speak that out loud. My voice sounds hazy, like it's trapped in quicksand. Why does it sound so fuzzy? I try to speak again but no words come out.

My brain feels like it's trapped in quicksand, too. Nothing seems right; the pounding in my head and churning of my stomach are all I can make sense of. I feel like throwing up.

I suddenly feel hands pry me from Louis and I wake up from my daze. Or rather my brain is still dazed, but my body springs into action.

I fight against the hands grabbing me. I am not leaving Louis. Someone grabs my wrist but I twist it from their hold. Another hand grips me and I punch blindly at the air in that general direction. My eye sight is cloudy, not catching up with my actions. All I can make out are fuzzy figures.

I hear muffled voices talking around me, to me, but I can't hear what they're saying. It's too dark in here, too quiet.

More hands grab me and I feel like they're swallowing me whole. Panic rises in me and I begin to flail my limbs everywhere to swart them off. I must look ridiculous, fighting these people I cannot see, but they're trying to take me from Louis. I will not let that happen.

Then suddenly I hear a familiar voice. My mother's. She speaks to me and I register what she says.

"Niall, they aren't going to take you from Louis. They're going to help him."

And with that I stop fighting and collapse to the ground. My vision fades completely and the buzzing in my head escalates into a steady hum until there's nothing but blackness.

Louis' POV

The first thing my brain can register are lights. White lights that shine so bright I can see them through my closed eyes.

"Turn them off," I say, or rather mumble because my lips aren't seeming to cooperate with my brain.

I want to open my eyes to see where I am, but I can't. It's as if they're glued shut. It smells like antiseptic; the strong odor is caked in my nostrils. A steady beeping sounds next to my ear, it seems to be in tune with my heart.

Then it hits me. I'm in a hospital.

Why am I in a hospital?

And then memories flood through my body faster than a tsunami flooding an entire city. Richard abducting me at the bar, throwing up at a rest stop, being chained in the shack, meeting Richard's father Fred, Richard giving me an unwanted hand job, finding Colby, being whipped.

I feel Richard's presence in the room. He's standing across from me, watching me. His eyes are traveling across my frail body, shamelessly, hungrily. Then I hear his footsteps on the hard tile floor approaching me. His breath against my face. His hand running over my chest, leaving a trail of filth.

And suddenly it's all too much for me.

I jolt awake as if I was struck by lightning. A shock wave rips through my body, tearing at my muscles and cracking my bones. The bright lights pierce my opened eyes, causing them to go blind. A scream bubbles inside of my chest, and escapes my body with a loud roar.