Chp 38-Reunion of All 5 Lads

Second to last chapter coming right up :) and TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY WHATTT

-----

Louis' POV

As I lay in the hospital bed, I feel the warmth of the mid-morning sun on my face while my mind wanders. It ponders over everything that's happened during the band's vacation. There were many awesome memories made; the fun places we went, the growing chemistry between Niall and I, our mums coming for a visit, the webcam we did for our fans.

Then darkness starts to saturate my brain, reminding me of all the awful, painful things that have just recently happened. I shake my head. I will not think of those things now.

I focus on relishing in the good memories again, but suddenly the door opens, breaking my train of thought.

Dr. Jay steps into the room and smiles. "Hello, Louis. How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing alright, right now."

He smiles again. "Good. Good." Then he says, "There's someone here to see you."

My stomach sinks and I immediately think of Richard being here. But common sense kicks in and I know that's not possible. The hospital would never let him in, and the police would be here quicker than the speed of light.

"Who is it?"

"He didn't say. Just that he's sorry he took so long to visit."

Is it Liam? I have to find out because if it is Liam, we need to have a long and important chat.

I nod at Dr. Jay. "You can send him in."

He leaves and a couple minutes later none other than Liam Payne walks through the door.

"Liam."

"Louis." He is stunned and frozen as the door swings shut behind him.

I give him a look over. He looks much older than I remember him being, even if it was only about a week ago that I last saw him. He looks worn out, like he's endured a lot. Seen a lot.

At first glance, he looks presentable but after my intense scrutiny, I notice the dirt in his hair, the grime on his face, that his clothes are disheveled and torn in places. I also notice the white bandages on his knuckles, the bruise that threatens to close his left eye, and the scabbing split on his bottom lip.

"What the hell happened to you?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same thing," he says, almost sadly.

He slowly walks over to my side and takes a seat in a chair. Up close, I can see the detailed swirl of black and blue surrounding his eye. I lift a hand and gently run my finger across it.

"Liam..." I begin.

He lifts his bandaged hand to remove my hand from his face. "Stop, Louis," he says gently. His eyes hold many emotions mixed together, anger and sadness among the strongest.

"What happened?" I ask again, trying to keep at bay my growing concerns.

"You really want to know?"

"Yes."

He takes a deep breath and stands up suddenly. An uneasy silence looms over the room as I wait for him to speak.

His angry voice pierces the silence like a bullet through flesh. "I beat the shit out of them, is what happened."

"Who? Richard and Fred?"

He nods and begins pacing. I'm sure that the scenes from last night are replaying behind his eyes right now. He brings a hand up and runs it through his messy hair. I notice that there is a cast, rather than a bandage, on this hand. One bandage and one cast. He really did beat them.