Chp 3-Sandcastles

•Louis' POV (Still)•

I wake up and glance at the clock. It reads 7:39 in the morning. Niall shifts in his sleep, almost rolling off the coach, and I see that his foot is bandaged. Liam must have done that after Niall and I passed out on the couch. Niall's currently stretched out on the length of the couch, his head nuzzled into my lap.

I stroke his hair, and his lips pull into a small smile. Soon he wakes up with a soft moan, his eyes still closed.

"Hello there," I whisper.

"Hmph."

I play with a loose strand of his hair and he giggles. He shifts and rolls over onto his side, burying his head into my chest.

"I'm hungry," he mumbles into me.

"I'll go make you something," I offer.

I begin to get out from under him, but he grabs my waist sleepily and says, "No."

"Then you'll have to go hungry," I chuckle.

He opens his eyes and debates what he wants. Me to stay cuddling with him or food.

"Don't go," he decides.

"Alright, then scootch over."

He does and I position myself so I'm laying down next to him on the couch. I lay with his back pressed against my chest, my arm wrapped loosely around his waist.

Niall picked me over food. Well, that would be a first. I don't know why he did it or what it means but it makes me feel good. Soon, I hear him snoring slightly and once again, I fall asleep to the steady rhthym of his breathing.

***

•Liam's POV•

When I walk down the stairs, I see Louis and Niall cuddled up together, sleeping on the couch. They look adorable. They must not have headed upstairs last night. Good thing I bandaged Niall's foot before I went to bed.

I search through the cupboards and fridge to find ingredients to make omelets. As soon as I pour the first eggs into the pan, the smell begins to fill the room.

I see Niall stir and suddenly perk up over the back of the couch, looking intently into the kitchen.

"Hey, Nialler," I say.

"Is that food?" he asks hungrily.

"Yep, want some?"

He nods eagerly, carefully climbs out of Louis' grip and limps into the kitchen. He grabs a carton of orange juice from the fridge and pours himself a glass.

"How's your foot?" I ask.

"Nothing a little food won't fix."

Once his omelet is ready, I give it to him and he immediately starts to pig out on it. I chuckle at him and make six more omelets, one for each of the lads plus routinely two more for Niall.

Zayn and Harry come down the stairs, Zayn rubbing his eyes sleepily. I hand them breakfast and they say thanks.

Zayn starts to say something, his voice loud.

"Sh!" I stop him.

He raises his eyebrows in confusion. I point to the couch, where Louis is sleeping.

"Oh," he says.

"Why is he sleeping down here?" Harry asks after swallowing a bite of food. Good lad.

Niall explains, "I guess we fell asleep before we went up to our rooms."

"Aw," Zayn says.

"What?" Niall presses.