Chp 9-Nightmare

Louis' POV

The car bumps up the pebbled driveway and Liam parks it next to the house. I look down at Niall who's sound asleep on my shoulder. I really don't want to wake him...

I carefully scoop him up bridal style and carry him into the house and up to his bedroom. I set him down and pull off his t-shirt and shorts, tossing them on the floor next to the bed. I push away the feelings of lust that surface as I look down at his half-naked body.

I tuck the covers up to his waist and lean down to gently kiss him on the forehead. Then I head into my bedroom and fall asleep as well.

***

I'm running. I don't know where, I don't know from what, I don't know why, but I know I'm running. And I'm running fast. As if my life depends on it. My feet pound over the hard concrete. I'm breathing heavily, sweat dripping down my face. Rain is downpouring from the angry sky, splattering to the earth, soaking through my clothes.

Fear is caught in the back of my throat, threatening to choke me. But I keep pushing on. Keep sprinting somewhere.

My footsteps echo off the graffiti-covered brick of the alley walls. I dart around broken bottles and leftover rubbish. Sirens wail from all directions. My heart beats in my chest, as I turn and glance behind me.

A police officer is chasing after me, dodging through the alley way as I did. His hair is wind swept, body tired.

"Hey, kid, stop!" he yells in a gruffy voice.

I glance back once more and see a gun positioned in his hand. I hear a shot ring out, and with a sickening thought, I realize he's shooting at me! At that I use every last drop of adrenaline and sprint to the end of the alley, then turn onto a busy intersection.

Cars and yellow taxis whiz by me and I freeze for a second. Which way? Left or right and the cop will surely shoot me. But if I manage to get across the road, he'll not be able to.

I wait for a cab to rush by and then I sprint through the traffic. Horns blare and breaks squeal, but I dodge around the automobiles and reach the other side.

Panting, I look up to find the officer on his cell phone, what I assume to be calling for backup. Sirens seem to be coming closer. Now's my chance.

I turn and sprint down the street side, avoiding the circles of light cast by the street lamps. The rain lets up slightly and I'm able to see down the road. I see a taxi sitting idle at the side of the littered road.

"Hey, I need a ride," I say as quick as I arrive at the taxi.

"Sure, where to?" the cab driver asks, bored. I climb in the back.

I name the place I need to go, "Atlanta, Georgia."

"Son, that's gonna be a mighty heafty price. You sure you got the money?"

"Yes!" I practically scream. "Just drive!"

He nods and pulls out. Just as he begins to gain speed, a shot rings out and the car spins out of control, sending me flying. I let out a bloodcurdling scream and then all I see is darkness.

"Ah!" I wake with a gasp. Panting, I look around confused. I'm back in my bedroom. I frantically search the space for the cop, or gunshots, but everything is still and quiet.

The bed sheets have tangled my legs and I fight to free myself. I'm sweaty and hot and still shooken up.

It was just a dream...

I take a deep breath and hear footsteps running up to my room. i tense up, remembering the running in my dream.

"What's wrong?" Niall asks as he runs over to me.

I try to calm myself. I shake my head.

"What's wrong, Lou?" Niall asks again.

"It was just a dream," I whisper, my voice not daring to speak louder.

"More like a bloody nightmare," he huffs and takes a seat next to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks and places a hand comfortingly on my leg.

I shake my head. "I'd rather not."

He nods understandibly. "Just remember it wasn't real. Just a dream," he reassures me with a crooked smile before walking calmly out.

But deep down, I knew he was wrong. It wasn't just a dream. It was a memory.

-----

Author's Note

Dun dun dun.........!!!!!! Uh oh, what has Louis gotten into!?! Haha i'm not even sure yet, I haven't thought that far... But i'll figure something plot-twisting out!