Chp 17-Explanation

Louis' POV

My whole body explodes in fireworks. Tingles travel up and down my limbs and I feel like this is a dream. But it's definately not a dream, this is real.

My hand goes up to the back of Niall's neck, pulling him closer to me. His hand grips my back, fingers curling against my shirt.

The kiss is slow, gentle. It's almost as if time has frozen around us, and it's only Niall and I. Our lips move together with uncertainty, caution. They mold together in a perfect fit and I become addicted to the taste of him.

He nips my lips harder, causing a moan to escape from my throat. I feel him smile and his hands tug against my shirt. They slip underneath and the cool, timid touch of his hands causes me to shiver.

I pull us closer so our bodies are pressed up against each other.

A little nagging voice in the back of my head says this is wrong. I should stop. Niall's just my friend. I'm not even gay!

"Louis," he mumbles against my lips. My hands trail a bit lower down his back and he gasps.

I place my hands to his waist, desperate to feel his touch, when the door swings open.

"Niall, I was wonde-" Maura stops short as she takes in the position we're frozen in.

"Oh, dear. I'm so terribly sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. I'll just be leaving...I didn't even know...? You two? Niall? This is... Oh, I'll just- bye," she rambles. She turns but Niall catches her by the wrist.

"Wait, mum, I can explain," I hear the desperation in his voice.

She looks unsure. But nods her head and walks away, Niall following her. I sink down onto the toilet seat and try to process what just happened.

This isn't good. Not good in the slightest. We just kind of spur of the moment kissed, I wasn't even entirely sure of what was happening. He was hurt and probably tired from getting burned. I was just being nice and helping him bandage it... I don't know what happened. And then to make matters worse, Maura just had to walk in on us. Oh my gosh, my life is ruined. My life is ruined.

I run a hand through my hair, not caring that I messed it up. One thing I know for sure, I really messed things up this time...

Niall's POV

I lead mum into my bedroom and gently shut the door behind us. I flick the lock and turn to face her. She is sitting on the edge of my bed, patiently waiting for me.

"Mum..." my voice comes out shaky and unsteady.

I don't know where to begin explaining so I just stand there like a deer caught in headlights.

"Start from the beginning, babe," she says in a caring tone.

I take a deep breath and begin, "Well, i think I've been having these wierd feelings for Louis lately. I don't know what or why and it makes no sense, but there's something about him that makes me feel different...special."

She nods her head so I continue. "The other day, he took me out bowling and we spent the whole day together and it was wonderful. He was so nice and I felt like he really cared about me. But I got sunburned by the time we were home so he helped me put on aloe to help. And I don't know why I did it, I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I leaned into kiss him."

"So you wanted to kiss him?" Mum asks.

I nod. "It just felt so right at the time."

I run a hand through my hair, messing it up. "But he backed away and left. I knew I shouldn't have even tried. I knew it. But I did..."