Chp 18-Are We Friends Or Are We More?

Sorry for the long wait! But here's a chapter, just a filler. Next chapter should have some good Nouis action so be prepared! I'm excited!!!! Until then vote, comment, and enjoy!

-----

Louis' POV

I'm really shaken up about what happened with Niall and his mum walking in on us, but I decide to head downstairs and get my mind off of it. I slowly stand up and look into the mirror.

I tame my hair and fix my shirt before trotting out the bathroom and down the hallway. I reach the stairs when I hear shouting. It sounds like Niall.

"He led me on, he made me think that maybe, somewhere, he felt something for me too!"

I stop dead in my tracks, feeling my heart break. Niall's upset because of me. I caused him to feel pain. That's the last thing I meant to do. My knees go weak and I find myself slowly sinking until I'm sitting on the top stair.

I bury my face in my hands and try to focus on something else. Niall will come around, and until then, I'll finish the omelets. I'm not going to let this spoil everyone's day with the mums.

I trot downstairs as Zayn passes by. He glances up from his phone and asks, "Everything alright?"

I put a smile on my face and say, "Niall just burned his hand on the stove. I bandaged it all up, so everything's good." Everything's good.

Zayn nods and walks into the living room to plop on a couch with his mum. I head into the kitchen and finish cooking the last omelets. Then I bring them to the table and set up glasses and silverware next. Then, I pour the juice and finally set out napkins.

I admire my work at setting the table and call, "Breakfast is ready!"

A stampede of hungry people storm to the table, but not Niall.

"Where's Niall?" I question.

Maura speaks up, "He should be coming." She casts me a knowing look. But it was sweet, not mean.

I clear my throat of the guilt and say, "Ok."

Everyone starts digging in and complimenting my expertise. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Half way through breakfast, Niall comes down and everyone greets him.

"Hello, lads, mums," he waves with a bright smile. He seems alright.

He takes a seat next to me and leans over and whispers, "Can I talk to you after?"

I nod and smile slightly. He smiles back as we continue eating.

"So, I was looking for some cool things we could do here," begins Zayn's mum, Tricia, begins. "And I thought that maybe since you're all of age," she pauses dramatically, "we could hit a bar." She smirks at us, waiting for our response. All the lads' eyes bug out and their mouths drop open. We all grin of excitement and don't hesitate to agree.

"I can't wait!" Niall exclaims.

Maura interjects, "Don't go overboard though, Ni. We all know how much you like to drink."

"Hey! At least I'm not a light weight like Harry!" He smirks at his dig.

Harry's turn to argue. "Not true! I'll drink as much as you, tonight."

Niall extends his hand, "Deal?"

"Deal."

They shake on it and I know this can't end well.