Chp 32-Colby

Louis' POV

"Excuse me, Mr., You have some blood on you." I hear a voice and feel a gentle tap on my shoulder. It wakes me up, and my eyelids flutter open to find a young lad kneeling beside me.

I almost think I'm dreaming and if if I fall back to sleep the pain and this mysterious lad will disappear but I force myself to stay awake.

"Who are you?" My voice comes out hoarse and crackly. The dryness of my throat causes me to cough.

"I'm Colby."

I jerk up, my brain flooded with memories of what happened with Niall in the park. The sudden movement causes the skin of my back to stretch and pain surges through my body. I grit my teeth and suppress a moan in order to avoid scaring Colby.

"I've heard of you," I tell him. "You met Niall in the park when you were lost from your father, Richard. And Richard punched Niall in the face."

His eyebrows knit together in confusion. Innocence is spread across his young face.

"How did you know that?" He looks at me expectantly.

"Niall is my...friend, my boy...friend." I avert my eyes from him, embarrassed to admit my sexuality to such a young lad. I feel upset with myself for feeling embarrassed, but after Richard's verbal and physical abuse about it, I have reason.

Colby's eyes grow wide and I can almost visibly see the wheels inside his head turning. "Niall and you are boyfriends! You're who he was talking about!"

"He talked about me?" A small smile flickers on my lips.

Colby nods his head excitedly. "He asked me for advice about you. But don't worry, I helped him." He gives me a wink. For his young age, he sure acts mature.

Silence sets in around us as I'm lost partly in my thoughts, but mostly in the pain radiating from my back. I slowly lean my shoulder against the metal wall. The click of my chains echo throughout the shack.

I close my eyes and try to think of Niall. His light blue eyes will no longer hold onto the innocence of his youth after this situation with Richard is over. I'm sure of that.

A tear slips out of my eye as I realize this is all my fault. Niall will have to suffer because of my past. I brought him into this. I brought all of the lads and their mums into this. I don't think I will ever forgive myself for putting them in danger. I hope they make it out safe.

"You're bleeding." I hear Colby's soft voice.

"I know," I say. "You already told me."

"But doesn't it hurt? It's getting blood everywhere! Are you okay, Mr.?" I hear him scootch closer in front of me, his limbs softly scraping the dirt ground.

"Shhhhhhh," I whisper. All I want to do is sleep.

"Okay," he whispers quietly. Then I feel his hand in mine.

I weakly open my eyes and watch as he climbs into my lap, resting his head against my chest.

My heart swells and a smile reaches my face.

We both doze off into a state somewhere close to sleep, huddled together in a heap, his hand never leaving mine.

---

When I wake up, it's dark out. I managed to sleep through the whole day after my whipping.

I look around, disoriented at the sudden lack of light, and hear a soft clank of metal in the corner.

"Colby?" my voice whispers.

"You're awake!"

His excitement causes a laugh to bubble inside of me. "Yeah, I'm awake."