3: asterisk

Asea's

"Oh." The salty man muttered.

"Yeah, oh," Aeria repeated, looking at her incredulously as Asea just blinks slowly, not even defend herself. "I killed it. I'm sorry." She told Roo who just laughed. Roo gave her a potted plant a few months back and she was too tired to lift herself out of the bed that she just lets her mom get it for her. And of course, she can't be trusted to keep a living plant from dying. It has a name, of course.

Iwa-chan. Like his favorite character in an anime. She loves greeting it every morning but it seemed to be infected on the bottom down. And now it's dead. She wouldn't say that she cried when it really died.

And there is more to it than just is.

"I'm not even surprised that it is," Roo said gently, staring back at her glassy guilty eyes. "It's fine, don't worry." She didn't answer. 'It's not fine, of course. I really can't be trusted.'

They were stopped by a sound, almost like a distress signal when tsunamis are evident. That. It was horrifying and just plain creepy. It came out from the outside. Azrael was fast enough to go to the door and in one pull, it finally opened. They got up suddenly as they looked outside.

A living room. With a kitchen. That when Roo tried to go there and find anything that they can use to defend themselves, there's no knives or anything. The food is stacked up in the refrigerator, the alarm is still sounding. They can feel their nerves tingling in fear but they wouldn't say it out loud. "Is this like...Big Brother or something?" Jace asked no one in particular. Maybe, who knows.

"Morning." The alarm stopped at the word and they looked by the couch. A really beautiful beta girl was there. Maybe like their age. She's a bit looking like Roo's high school crush as Asea tried not to say it loudly to them in this situation when the girl can do something to them that she shouldn't. She's wearing a white dress. Simple but goddess-like. Fucking unfair.

"You can sit here for a while, I'll explain something to you." She said, pointing at the couch. Whoever their perpetrator is, they're very smart. These kids can just hurt anyone who poses as from the other side, and yet they thought of getting a very beautiful girl who no one will ever think of hurting.

Wow. Again, fucking unfair.

They clambered on the couch, actually calm. Smart enough to be calm as the girl smiled and the guys were blinded momentarily. Oh my fucking god, I want to kill her for existing. Asea hates herself for thinking like this.

"See, you're here for a reason." For some reason, these kids know that being calm is the answer right now. For now.

"Can you like...tell it to us straight up?" Yasser asked patiently as the beautiful girl kept her hands behind her.

"We'll provide everything for your stay here." She smiled lightly. "This whole property is locked from the outside, going out will cost you your life."

😐😐😐

Em's

Emerald may look calm on the outside but on the inside, she's close to screaming her head off until this nightmare stops. It's like they got pulled inside the television and made to act a role they never wanted in the first place. They were trapped here by insane people.

She and her friends love watching movies like these, where people get trapped in a place and try to survive while getting tortured repeatedly. They love laughing at their idiocy and the desperate things they do to live more. Ironically, here they are. And she didn't have to hear more of what this girl has to say to know they're deeply in danger. Aeria's warm arm touching hers is the only sane reason she's not freaking out. Of all things, she has to be calm, to be understanding, to clear her head so she can think about how to get out of here with her friends.