27: vent guard

trigger warning: implied self-harm

...

Azrael's

Azrael woke up earlier than usual. Standing up, he glanced at Asea's hand, the only part of her showing under the bed. He pulled his towel and took a warm bath, waking himself up.

Interestingly, the day went on normally. At one time, after lunch, he grabbed a book in the library, laid on the bed, and started reading. Then he felt it. Just when he thought this will be a normal day, he was so wrong.

Unlike omegas, alpha ruts are more...tamed. Ruts are not painful, alphas just become more aggressive and more territorial when they have mates and want to fuck them over and over until it ended. Different from omega heats, alphas can go on their day on their ruts and not get affected by anything. Except alphas in rut gets more attracted to omega scents around him, therefore, more susceptible to using their pheromones to get their way. An alpha has to have a mate, to get scented by that mate to avoid getting attracted to other omegas in their school or workplace. Easy, right?

The catch is, unmated alphas are more prone to getting out of control. They don't have familiar scents they can use to distract themselves (not like they can use their parents or their friend's scents that aren't strong enough as a mate's scent affecting an alpha). They're completely vulnerable to just grabbing the nearest omega (or just any beta possible) and fucking them relentlessly.

Unmated alphas are genetically luckier than unmated omegas, of course. Alphas can still go to school or work and fled the scene once they get a whiff of some omega's scent. Unmated omegas, however, can't move in pain and even if they do take suppressants, they would still move sluggishly and weak, like they're having a fever. No scent but the sluggishness takes it away, acting as the 'side effect' for the suppressants. There are several instances that omegas are getting forced and taken by alphas more since they're more susceptible with them looking weak from afar and feeling like they're sporting a 40° fever. A pretty, weak omega is any alpha's favorite thing, and of course, once the inhibitors lost their effectiveness, they'll be feasting on the too-sweet scents of an omega in heat.

And so, alphas are cautious on the possibility of forcing omegas to sex when they're in a rut. Locking themselves in is better than fucking someone without consent. Didn't want history repeating itself. He hastily stood up and locked the door.

He was about to lie down on the bed again when someone tried to open it and started knocking when it didn't. "Yah." Yasser. "Yasser, I got my rut." Silence answered him.

"Uhm..." He started after a while. "You need anything?"

"Not at the moment, thank you." But really, he needs something, of course, he's in a rut. He wants to fuck someone.

Yet Asea told him not to fuck anyone on his heat because someone will get hurt. He didn't get that one bit. He's not someone who just hooks up with someone when it's his rut. He knows self-preservation like the back of his hand.

He's someone who does not actively go out to try and find someone for a quick fuck. He has trust issues and he tends to keep it to himself most times. Most times. Of course, he's no innocent, he had a girlfriend once, and she took all his firsts. He found out that she cheated on him with another alpha and his supposed feelings for her just vanished in thin air. Supposed feelings since he had no idea if he really loved that girl.

She's a really beautiful beta with long, brown hair, smart, and a really great setter in their senior high volleyball team. He didn't cry after dumping her. He expected to feel sadness or even anger like how people who got cheated on would feel. He's quite disappointed he didn't feel anything or maybe he did? He felt irritated, it's his wounded pride that got stepped on, yet on second thought, he knows he didn't know enough about her to make her happy or even about himself to know if he's doing well. He's too much of a rock most times but, he got to admit that he hit his peak there.