11: borrow deal

Roo's

Apple...cinnamon, his painting two years ago. He felt heat rising on his body as he cleared his throat. Calm the fuck down, Roo.

"Okay." Roo hummed and just got back to looking around the house again. He saw the gaping hole on the ceiling, it was his idea which surprisingly, Ethan agreed on fast. Which he feels grateful for, or maybe because as he is, he wants to go out of this hell hole as much as possible, too.

Seriously though, Roo learned to appreciate his presence. Surprisingly, Ethan makes it to a point to hang out with him or sometimes agree to his perspectives, even silently. When he stays anywhere at the house, their opened room, or at the couch or near the door to draw (since there's nothing else to do) he just comes out of nowhere, with a book he borrowed from Asea and still haven't finished, and sit a foot away from him. And there, starts their random conversations.

"How did you even borrow that book from Asea?" The wavy-haired stopped, eyeing the book at the coffee table. It was a compilation of the Sherlock Holmes stories. Thick like the bible and the letters are too tiny. "I asked her."

"How." He looked back at him and his cold, brown eyes blinked slowly as he answered. "I asked her, 'Asea, may I borrow your book?' And I pointed at the black one but really, I stared at this book she was reading for a few seconds before approaching." He hummed, urging him to continue.

"Maybe she noticed my eyes and instead, let me borrow this one instead of the black so." His cheeks moved up a little, indicating a small smile. He has gotten adept at reading the lines forming around his eyes and forehead while he talks to him.

He knows when his smile was just small behind his mask when he talks about something he likes or appreciates, or the rare moments his eyes would smile when he's reading the book when his eyes would narrow when he can't understand what Roo's trying to say and he knows he's pouting as he does that, and the few more little quirks.

One of his favorites is when his eyes slowly blink on all the different reasons: when he tells a random dumb anecdote involving his friends when he tells something good about his friends like how Trey really has the biggest heart out of the five, or that Ourie's the most perverted but didn't have a girlfriend or a boyfriend once because he's a romantic at heart but he wouldn't admit that out loud, that Yasser's a real gentleman, and that Azrael likes people weirdly which he didn't say so much about, and finally when he watches him draw and his eyes would grow tired of staring in the paper and Roo finds him staring at him. That when he looks up to meet his eyes, his slow blinks will meet his unbothered gaze before he calmly goes back to staring at his drawing like some behaved, innocent child who was just didn't caught for staring at him.

"You're weird," Ethan said all of a sudden, after staring at him for a few seconds and looking away. And here Roo thought he's clipping his nails. Roo shrugged and look away. He didn't see it but Ethan's ears were tinged red after saying that.

😦😦😦

Em's

Ourie got his heat and has to lock himself up in the room. Two similar luggage bags like theirs were by the entrance along with the weekly supply of food, toiletries, and cleaning materials. Seeing that it's filled with clothes, it's certain that it's for Fiona and Akio. It never fails to make Em sick in the stomach whenever she remembers that their underwear was chosen and held by those perverts who locked them here.

Em watched Akio wash the dishes since he volunteered for it as she looks upon the gaping hole just because it caught her eyes. Akio's a kind guy. His eye smiles, and his non-judgmental stares, and the way he politely acknowledges everyone.