Danti - Worried (Recommended)

Pairing: Darkiplier x Antisepticeye - Romantic

Recommended By: ValenciaCallMeV
-----
-----
Dark gave a soft sigh, prompting the taller man behind him to chuckle.

"What, cuddles too boring for ya?" Anti asked, rolling his eyes.

"No." Dark answered simply.

Anti sighed, "Ya really gotta get your mind offa' work, ya know. Isn't that what this break was for?"

"I know."

Anti rose an eyebrow, "You feelin' okay?"

"Just... Bored." Dark mumbled, messing with the hands around his waist.

"You got mad about having too much to do and now once you get a break you're bored?"

"It's not that simple, Anti." Dark snapped, turning his head and glaring at the other.

The other shrugged, "You're confusing. What's buggin' you?"

"I- I don't know." Dark admitted, "It's just... I'm hardly ever away from the office. Do you know how many killers and maniacs are in that building? Some both? Do you know how much could go wrong?"

"So... You're parano-"

"I am not paranoid." Dark growled. "I'm just worried."

"Look, doll, I'll be honest with you." Anti hummed, "Wilford's got everything under control. Nobody is gonna step out of line when he's in charge."

"Are you saying I'm not capable enough to keep everyone out of trouble?"

Anti sighed, "There's no winning with you, is there?"

Dark looked down. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize. You can't help it."

Dark nodded, leaning more against the other.

"You really need to get your mind off of work."

"I'm not becoming an alcoholic like you."

"I didn't mean alcohol, Dark. I was gonna suggest a movie or something."
-----
Dark poked at his dinner, an unimpressed expression on his face.

"Don't play with your food." Anti chuckled.

"I'm not playing with it, Anti." Dark rolled his eyes, "And if you're going to talk about table manners to me, try getting your elbows off of the table first."

"Fine, fine. You win."

Anti put his hands up in surrender, prompting a chuckle from the demon across from him.

"Wow, the old man can laugh."

"I'm not that old." Dark sighed, "I was born in 1901, I've been 27 for the last century or so."

"Oooold."

"I will crush your skull with my cane while you sleep."

"Cane? Wow, thought you weren't old."

Dark grit his teeth, "It's for formal purposes only. There are no medical reasons attached to it."

"Okay, okay, sorry, I'll back off."

Dark looked down.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Anti asked softly, "You've been really irritable lately."

"Other than the constant screaming, you mean?" Dark sighed softly.

"Yeah, other than those two jerks."

"I suppose I'm alright. Just..."

"Worried?"

"...Yeah."
-----
Dark lay with his head on Anti's chest as they laid in bed, the other already mostly asleep.

"...Anti?"

A soft sound.

"Am... Am I a good leader?"

"Wha?"

"What- What you said earlier. I've just been thinking... Am I really fit to be in charge? Nobody listens to me."

"Well," Anti yawned, "You're kinda a push over, I guess."

"A... A pushover?"

"Yeah. You're supposed to be the boss, but you let everyone else boss you around."

The blue part of Dark's aura recoiled. "I can't help it. That's how I've always been."

"Well, try saying 'no' once in a while. It's a good place to start. Maybe then you wouldn't be so worried all the time."

"...Okay. Thank you, Anti."

"Night, Darky."

"Goodnight."