Darkiplier - Two Weeks. (Recommendation)

Recommender: Blue-Arrow_21
Ship: None
-----
Dark gave a soft groan as he sat up, putting a hand on his side.

Two weeks.

Two weeks he'd been feeling like complete and utter garbage.

He'd made a bet to Ed and now he couldn't use his pain pills until the next shipment came in, as Ed Edgar couldn't drink alcohol.

Curse Celine's horrid pride- she'd never let it go if he lost a bet.

Two weeks.

He was so close to caving on only the second day. He didn't realize how much he'd needed that medicine until he wasn't allowed to use it.

Curse this horrible, broken, abused body. Curse this infernal bet!

It'd be so much easier to simply go back to bed, forget about how much everything hurt. But he had a job to do.

A job he'd been neglecting for two weeks.

Just seven more days, he'd tell himself. Seven more days until the month was over. Then he could forget all about it.

As if seven more days meant anything.

Something had to give.

He'd wake up every day in burning, raging pain. He felt like he was on fire. Dying again and again every day.

Something. Had. To. Give.

That's what he thought to himself as he weakly fought a war to simply get out of bed.

He was fighting that war just to stand without support.
-----
After ten minutes of trying not to fall down the stairs and risk yet another injury, he glared at the man causing him so much pain.

To be fair, Ed wasn't particularly happy with his particular end of the bet either.

His hair was a mess and his head was hanging in his hands, but when he noticed Dark, he got that stupidly confident smirk that he'd had the same day he'd made that bet two weeks ago.

Those cursed two weeks ago.

"How're you doing there, Happy Pills?"

Dark scowled at the other, knowing if he'd opened his mouth at all, he'd scream.

Or throw up.

Or both.
-----
He'd only been working for two hours. He'd missed more than he thought.

Three court cases, six repairs to be made, paint and lights to be replaced, a handful of new egos- the list was never-ending.

He'd only been gone two weeks.

He loathed these two weeks.

His body was on fire. Would it let up for even a moment?

Something had to give.

He was going to die again without those pills.

He was going to cave.

He was going to lose.

Celine was going to make the reminder of these two weeks hell.
-----
This was a rather fun one, actually.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't quite find a way to make the memory bit work. I hope you enjoyed it anyway!

-Mira