DarkMark - I know.

This isn't honestly a ship...and it's honestly just one person talking to themselves. But have it anyway.

Happy Valentine's day.

Ship: Actor! Mark x Dark. (Mentioned Mark x Celine, mentioned Mamien, mentioned Darkstache/Dilliam)
-----
Dark didn't know what had happened that week. His aura wouldn't obey him, he felt...worse? If that was even possible. He didn't know. He didn't ask, but some knew.

Wilford, for one. Wilford always could tell if something was wrong, even back then. William was so friendly...under the right circumstances. Maybe if he could've just convinced him to-

Dark shook his head. No. There he went again. The fifth time. He sighed, not being able to do much else. He had excused himself from all work matters that day; he couldn't focus.

William never could either. Never had a good attention span. He'd talk for minutes on end, and end up saying things he shouldn't have. Talked about people in ways he shouldn't have.

No. Stop. He had to try and keep his mind in one place. The...The best way to do that was to not think about anything that could connect to that. To him.

He looked at the clock. It hadn't changed in years. So, so many years. Perhaps William didn't control time at all; perhaps the world simply... stopped moving around him. William broke every clock in a three mile radius either way, that was for sure.

Dark growled lowly. Stop this. It's just...that was a long time ago. Why is he getting these thoughts now? He needed to stop. Maybe he was delirious.

Dark got up, not caring that his legs were asleep, and headed upstairs. Maybe if he did the same thing his legs were doing, he'd feel better.
-----
"I know that you must be confused." The voice whispered, sitting in the pitch black of the room, listening to the soft and mumbled snoring.

It chuckled. "All so soon, I know. But..." he looked around, as if he could see. "I knew you'd understand. If you didn't, my powers wouldn't work."

He gave a soft sigh, and gently reached over. He'd done this so many times now, he knew where the other usually was. He brushed Dark's hair out of his face lightly. "But that's why I need to know."

He closed his eyes. "I had everything. We had everything. I...I know. She doesn't understand. But you do. You know that we could've had everything. I could've spoiled you rotten, I...I wish you'd given me the chance." He frowned. "All I needed...was a chance. You need more than her words, but I know why you trust her more than me. Even if it is highly annoying."
-----
He didn't seem shocked when Dark made a small noise and rolled onto his stomach, nearly falling off the bed and into the abyssal night of the floor. He simply moved slightly, allowing the other to sleep more comfortably. He hadn't realized how late it had gotten. 11:18 already? How strange.
-----
"I know that it'll find out where I disappear to eventually. Then it'll be dangerous for our relationship. And I just can't deal with that again, now can I? But it just keeps complaining about you. In all honesty," he muttered, "I'm not convinced. After all, you're the best therapist I have."

He took a deep breath as Dark moved again, Dark's arm falling off the edge of the bed, his aura casting the tiniest bit of light into the void of the bedroom.

"I know that you don't truly care what I ask. So I'll ask something simple; why him? Or, more specifically, why him over me? I would've provided everything both of you asked for, and you both sided with him. What, and I implore you, does he have that I do not?" He rolled his eyes. "All I see is a mess of facial hair and bad jokes."
-----
The creature talked for a while longer, smiling every now and then. It was still in the night when he took his smoke like form and transferred himself off the bed, before returning to his...normal state.

He looked back at the midget amalgamation of things, and chuckled lightly to himself. That was all the fault of her; she could never remain still during the night. And he would know.

"And...perhaps just one more thing. One little extra minute never hurt." He tilted his head lightly with a crooked smile, before flaring his own red hue into a bright flame, illuminating most of the Victorian style bedroom.

"I know that you're awake."